Rescue

Yoongi's not what you expected of an alien

If you're being honest, Thing was a much more accurate example of your personal definition of the word. Massive and slimy and intimidating, the creature that originally kidnapped you was definitely more of what you imagined to be under the category of 'alien' than the odd-colored humanoid from Mars that stands across the bars from you.

Yoongi just seems like a dry-humored human with a tendency towards galactic cosplay.

"Um...isn't Mars, like...really cold?"

The words sound a lot more vapid out loud than they did in your mind, and Yoongi thinks so too.

His eyes squinch up, mouth twisting into a smirk. "Mhmm. Like, really, really cold."

You tuck your lips in to bite back a smile, glad that aliens can have a sense of humor too. It brings some warmth and a sense of familiarity to a situation that you deem very, very warmth-less, and even more unfamiliar.

Around the line of cages that you're in, people create a wide berth of empty space, not crowding around and perusing as they do to other creatures in other cages.

"What are they doing?" you ask as a man with acid green skin glances warily at the two of you from afar, something akin to longing in his bulbous eyes even as his webbed feet refuse to draw nearer.

Yoongi knocks a knuckle against a metal bar with a soft noise. "I think we're too expensive for them."

A startled snort bursts out of you at the notion.

You? Expensive?

Now Yoongi, with his Caribbean eyes and hair and pure diamond-white skin, you could easily see as expensive. He's beautiful and exotic, iridescent and coldly beautiful like a snowy flower.

You, however, are drab and unimpressive

You just don't understand.

"How'd they get you?" asks Yoongi. He's leaning up against the bars, hands wrapped around as he looks at you through the gaps.

It's a little odd how you can't get a full picture of his face with the obstacles of the iron bars in the way. You can see the slope of his button-like nose, and half of a turquoise eye before the bar slams down in between you.

The other two cages beneath the arching root that houses the bars are empty, leaving you and Yoongi the only two occupants of the line of four cages.

"I dunno," you murmur. Curling your fingers around the cage bars leaves cold, metallic imprints on your fingertips. You shiver. "I just kind of woke up here. I was at home, asleep. Guess they nabbed me then."

Yoongi hums, nodding. In the distance, a tremendous roar vibrates violently through the space center, making the ground shake underneath your feet.