Chapter 1

As soon as I walked in the door, I was hit with the delicious scent of my favorite food. Shannon was in the kitchen, dish towel hanging from the waistband of those ridiculous loose pants and had a goofy smile on his face. "Surprise!" He tossed the spoon into the sink and moved behind me, wrapping his arms around me.

"You didn't have to do this." I said, trying to force a smile on my face. I was still feeling guilty over what happened in New York. Every time he touched me or I looked into his eyes, it all came rushing back. I wanted so desperately to tell him my dirty little secret, but unfortunately, I knew what the result would be and I chickened out.

"I wanted to." He kissed my neck and squeezed tighter. "How about you go and relax and let me finish up in here." He let go of me and poured a glass of wine, handing it to me. Moving behind me again, both of his strong hands rested on my tense shoulder as he guided me into the hallway. "I got this babe."

Once in the bedroom, I changed into some more comfortable clothes and pulled my hair up into a messy bun. Sitting on the bed, I sipped my favorite wine. It was times like this that I felt the most guilty. All Shannon does for me and in return, I do stupid things that I know will hurt him and destroy our relationship. I downed the glass quickly and did my best to shake the guilt from my conscious. Picking up my book, I decided to read a few chapters before dinner to keep my mind busy. Work had been hell today and I just needed to unwind.

The smells coming from the kitchen were amazing and I was having trouble concentrating. I was busy staring down into my book when Shannon plopped down next to me, laying on the bed. He stretched his legs out and nudged my foot with his. "Is it good?" He asked, looking down at the thick book in my lap.

"Yeah, it's interesting." His fingers moved up and down my arm, pulling both the straps of the my tank and the black bra down my shoulder. I glanced out the corner of my eye and when he caught me, he closed the book, tossing it to the floor. It had been weeks since we last had sex. With the guilt eating away at me every time he tried, our last encounter was before I left for the big apple.

He got to his knees in front of me and pulled my legs apart. Sliding his big strong hands under each leg, he pulled me down farther on the bed and laid his body right between my thighs.

Shannon held himself over me, but made damn sure to press that huge bulge in his pants right against my center. Placing all of his weight on one hand, he caressed my cheek with the other. "You've been so distant lately and I miss you." He whispered, brushing his lips against mine while rolling his hips. "Please don't push me away again."

I sucked his bottom lip into my mouth and ran my fingers along his stubbly face. "I'm sorry." His hands moved to the waistband of my shorts and pushed them down my hips. He sat up on his knees only long enough to pull them free of my feet.

His lips pressed against mine and his tongue pushed into my mouth. I was dying to feel him, I needed that connection with him again. Even after all that's happened, I couldn't just walk away. He was such a good man and I knew that he deserved better, but what can I say? I'm a selfish bitch, but up until a few months ago, at least I had always been a faithful one.

His gentle touch was exactly what I needed, and I needed it now. I sucked on his neck and yanked at the white t-shirt he was wearing. Sexual tension had consumed both of us. Hovering above me, he wasted no time in pulling the shirt over his head and dropping it onto the floor. Looking up at his body, I ran my fingers over his perfectly toned abs and all the way down to the waistband of his pants.
He reached down, giving me a little help and used his feet to kick them all the way off. Once again, he pressed his body against mine while running his hand along the outside of my thigh. I hooked my legs around his hips and whimpered, feeling his growing length through the thin material of my panties. Biting his neck, I could feel the vibration of his groan. Fuck, I wanted him so badly and began moving my hips up in desperation.

He reached down and pulled my panties to the side, only to slide his fingers inside of me. Gasping, I immediately let go of him and gripped the sheets. "Shannon!" His name escaped my lips as I writhed under him, rocking my hips up to meet his palm.

"Mmmmm, that's what I like to hear." He said in response, looking down at me and pumping his fingers in and out of me. It was a struggle to keep my eyes open, but I wanted to watch him stare down at me as he got me off.

His gorgeous warm eyes were now dark with lust as he bit his bottom lip. The steady rhythm of his fingers had me on edge and when he pressed his thumb against my clit, I started to lose control quickly. He brought me all the way to the edge, only to pull his hand away and leave me panting. Shoving his fingers into his mouth and sucking them clean, he sat up, pulling my legs closed so that he could tear my panties off.

He dropped to his elbows and guided himself into me. My legs wrapped tightly around his waist and I listened to my name being uttered against my neck as he slowly started to move inside of me. "Fuck, Skye.." His gentle hand moved up my sides and over my breast. Inhaling sharply, I closed my eyes, realizing how much I missed him. The heavy feeling of guilt mixed with my love for him and I turned my head, afraid that he would see the tears.

His hand moved up to my cheek and turned my face, back, the look of concern was in his eyes. His mouth hung open and his tongue darted out to swipe over his bottom lip. Wiping a tear away, he leaned down to kiss me. "I love you, baby."

I said it back and I meant it, but it didn't stop the ache in my heart. I knew the time would come when I'd have to tell him what I had done, how I betrayed him. Gripping his shoulders, I moved my hips against his and his head dropped down against my forehead. The pleasure took over and I was lost in the way he was making me feel.

Pulling himself up, he shifted his weight to his arms and his hips began to move faster. His deep groaning and panting was a sign he was close. He watched my hand slide down between us. Within seconds it was as if I was floating and my ears began ringing. My eyes rolled back and I gripped the sheets tightly in my hands. When I came back down, I was heavily panting and didn't even realize that Shannon finished with me.

He was still holding most of his weight off of me, but his head was resting on my shoulder. "I really do love you, Skylar." He admitted, picking his head up and staring down at me. "Please don't shut me out anymore."

I nodded my head again, not wanting to start crying again. He got up and pulled those hideous pants back on. "Wanna get some clothes on? Dinner is ready." He leaned down, grabbing his shirt and kissed my head before tugging the black material over his head and exiting the room.

I stood and pulled the sheet with me to the closet for some clean clothes. Slowly, I sauntered into the bathroom to clean up and get dressed. When I came out, I made my way to the kitchen to hear Shannon talking. Confused, I rounded the corner and swallowed hard when I saw Jared. It was the first time we were seeing each other since New York and I suddenly felt like I couldn't breathe.