2

The young woman groaned in discomfort as she persistently fanned herself with a flimsy paper folder with her legs sprawled out. It was one of the hottest and humid days today, going up to 108° Fahrenheit.

It was 11 am in the morning, a time where the sun was at its sweltering, burning point. She let out a noise of disgust, feeling the stickiness of her arms. She raised them up to her hair to tie the black mess up and away from her moist neck.

The doorbell rang, causing her to peel her thighs away from her leather couch, hissing at the slight, but quick pain.

She opened the door to be greeted by the familiar young delivery male again. "O-Oh," She embarrassingly stuttered, quickly fixing her clothes pathetically. Fuck, I probably look like the nastiest person ever right now.

"Delivery." The male mumbled, extending his arms out with a cardboard box labeled fragile. Déjà vu seemed to have smacked the two individuals in the face.

"..."

"..."

She stifled her laugh in an attempt to seem civil, "You can let go of it now." The woman said, amused by his new sense of carefulness. The male quickly retracted his stiff arms back to his sides, bowing his head, "I'm still so sorry for that day. I-I don't know if you still remember since it was like—last week, but it's still—" He paused, rubbing the back of his neck, "—fresh in my mind." He mumbled in shame, looking down again.

She finally let out a soft chuckle, causing the male's head to whip back up. In utter confusion, he cracks an awkward, toothy smile towards the young woman, shifting uncomfortably in his position. From there, she notices his beautiful facial features and structure—his melanin, tan skin glistening in sweat, his defined, kissable nose, his sharp, chiseled jaw, his pearly whites, his sleek brown locks with multiple strands sticking to his forehead, and lastly, his damp, damp uniform.

The male suddenly becomes shy as he noticed her eyes roaming around his face. She noticed the subtle blush forming on his cheeks before tearing her sight away, "Wait here." She quickly said, closing the door slightly. She put down her box of mugs gently adjacent to the dining table and sprinted to her fridge. The clueless boy who stood outside in the lingering humid air gulped, furrowing his eyebrows, glancing at his unattended delivery truck. To his surprise, he was in awe when he heard the door creak and turned around.

"Here," She held out a cold water bottle, fresh from the fridge, displaying a small smile on her face, causing creases on the sides of her mouth.

He instantly grabbed the cold bottle into his hands, opening the cap and gulping down the refreshing, cold drink that he had been yearning for all morning. After the first gulp, the man softened against the resist, closing his eyes in pleasure. Beads of perspiration trickled slowly down his neck as his chin was up while he was devouring the icy drink. She smiled, watching the lumps of his throat go up and down but suddenly became worried about how he was fast he was chugging the water, "H-Hey, slow down there." She piped, not changing any way he was desperately finishing the cool drink.

She stood there in shock with her eyes widened as he finished the bottle. He flung his eyes open, "Ahh," He panted breathlessly, twisting the cap back on in a quick motion, "Thank you." He cutely chimed with a smile, licking his lips and handing back the bottle. She blinked twice, nodding awkwardly, "Y-Yeah. Would you uh- like another one?" She offered, taking the plastic in her grip.

The male's pupils brightened and looked at her as if she was some jackpot, "Do you have another?"

She quickly nodded before going back into her fridge to fish out another cold water bottle. She quickly scurried along the creaky wooden floors to her door, handing him a second cold bottle.

"Thank you so much!" He exclaimed as he took the refreshment into his sweaty palm. He happily ran down her stairs and hopped back into his truck for his daily routine.

The woman closed her front door, looking at the empty bottle in astonishment while shaking her head, feeling her loose bun bounce, "Wow. I can barely finish a bottle in a day and he just— I- wow." She muttered to herself, walking over to her recycling bin to drop off the piece of plastic.

She walked back to the dining table to plop herself down on the wooden chair, bending over to grab the multiple mail letters sitting on the tabletop, waiting to be opened and read. A fancy piece of baby pink card-stock paper with a bow on top caught her eye as she feasted her eyes upon it.

With all pleasure, we invite you to come join the celebration for our beautiful marriage this Saturday at 6 PM at xxx! Please bring a plus one! The more the merrier! We hope to see you soon.

She sighed, "Plus one... tsk, what plus one." She mumbled to herself, closing the invitation card and putting it back into the envelope.

The woman put on a small smile, already making up her mind about going alone, not knowing her decision would change so soon.