It Takes Two

Potion fumes clung in the air like fog, a fog that was tinted blue and smelled like liquorice. Students coughed as they ducked out from under the tables and benches they had dived under at the first warning shout before the cauldron exploded.

"Harry! Harry are you okay?" Hermione called, stumbling to her feet and heading towards the centre of the room.

"Draco! That nincompoop better not have killed you!" Pansy said, using her wand to blow the fog away.

A head of dark hair groaned-

"Harry?"

-and sat up, skin pale-

Pansy asked, "Draco is that-"

The lone figure pushed himself up, black hair but not as unruly as usual, a lock of blond in the center of his forehead, pale delicate skin with expressive green eyes. He still had the lightning bolt scar and a mix of Draco and Harry's bone structure.

Slughorn was the first to break the silence, "Well. This is unusual."

"I would have to agree," Harry-Draco said looking down at himself, his voice sounded quite like Harry's but infuriatingly posh. He was grinning.

"Anyone involved with their potion stay," Slughorn said, "The rest of you can leave early. Go see Madam Pomfrey if you have any unusualness pop up."

The rest of the class filled out, already a mess of hushed whispers.

"So are you Harry? Or are you Malfoy? ....Or both? Are you sharing?" Hermione asked.

Harry-Draco looked up from examining his hands, "I am Harry. And I'm Draco. Yes," and he grinned again.

"What?" Hermione frowned.

"Are you alright?" Pansy asked with concern, "Of course you aren't. You've been merged with a useless moron."

"Useless? No. I was distracted by... by myself," Harry-Draco said, "I was thinking about how- huh..." he blinked rapidly in thought.

"You feel alright though?" Ron asked.

Harry-Draco nodded.

"And not like you're going to throw up?" Ron said, looking rather green himself.

Harry-Draco raised an eyebrow, "No? I feel... good..." he grinned, "no great...amazing really. I'm clever and smart, brilliant on a broomstick, look fantastic, I feel like I can do anything."

There was a laugh behind them where Blaise had lingered by the door, "The two of them together make one functional human being."

"Hey!" Ron protested.

"Don't kid yourself, Weasley," Blaise said, "Both of them are utter disasters. Maybe we ought to leave them like that."

"No! Absolutely not!" Hermione said automatically.

"What if they're happier?" Pansy said quietly.

The room went quiet, Hermione looking at Ron with a frown who shrugged back.

"Does that mean we have to share custody?" Blaise joked.

All three turned a glare on Blaise.

Harry-Draco laughed, "Share custody? Why in the world would you do that? We're all friends." he got excited again, "I have so many friends. Bloody brilliant."

"There shouldn't be any problems," Slughorn said, pulling all their attention to the Professor, reading a massive potions book laid out on the desk in front of himself, "The original potion is meant to wear off in twenty-four hours, I don't see why this particular effect won't as well."