Chapter 4

A/N: I will probably only do Nathan as the other POV. I haven't decided whether I will do Lance or not yet! Also, Wattpad changes the formatting differently even when I try to keep it the same! I'm on a roll and if you haven't already, check out the audio version of the prologue! Chapter 1 will be up soon! Also, sorry if this chapter seems a bit boring! The coronation is the next chapter! Also, sorry! The chapters keep coming out short on Wattpad! I'm not sure why! I'll work on making them longer!!

Chapter 4: MTA

Sarah's POV

I paced the room incessantly after Lance walked out and I wasn't sure why I was so on edge. There was something lurking in the recesses of my mind, something that I couldn't quite put my finger on. It could have been because my mind was overloaded with all of this information that I still didn't understand. There was the simple fact that Lance, Lilly and Nathan were all wolves as well as other people that I had yet to meet. Then, there was the whole destined to be together forever thing that Lance hadn't explained to me at all.

I still didn't know how I felt about Lance; he was an enigma that I wasn't sure I wanted to figure out. There were two sides of him, both of which I had already seen and I couldn't figure out which one of those was the real him. It was like this facade that he put up in order to keep people away and that scared me. Who was the real Lance? Was he the Lance who had made me pass out only hours ago or the one which I had just encountered?

I looked up at the thought of time and gasped, realizing that I had no idea what time it was. If it was already passed three, then David would be stressing out that I hadn't come home from school yet. I had no idea how long I had been out nor how long these people intended to keep me here. There was no clock in sight and I groaned when I was fully aware at the very fact that I wasn't going to be given my phone back. It was like kidnapping without the actual kidnapping.

I stopped in the middle of my pacing of the floors when Nathan opened the door. He grinned at me and waved before walking over to me, an amused glint in his eye. "Hey, Chuckles! Is all of the tension gone now? Can we be friends again?"

"I was just told that this town has a bunch of werewolves living amongst humans, it's a lot to process."

"You're not calling us dogs anymore so I would say that's a good sign."

"What time is it, anyways?" I queried, changing the subject as I walked back towards the bed and sat down. "How long was I out? Where did Lance go?"

"You were out for two hours," Nathan glanced at his watch and then came to sit on the edge of the bed. "So, it's currently only 10 and Lance is in his office. He had a lot of things to take care of."

Things to take care of? I wasn't sure what Nathan meant as everything was still rather confusing to me. It was obvious that I couldn't go home and while I had read a ton of werewolf books in my lifetime, it wasn't enough to understand anything. The wolves from Twilight was as far as my understanding went and Lance had already told me that mates and imprints weren't the same. So, how were they different and how did they compare? How did the wolves change so easily? Did it hurt? Did they travel in packs? So many questions left unanswered and I had no idea what to do.

"You were different before," I told Nathan as I eyed him, warily. I was brought out of my reverie as I realized how different Nathan had been earlier. "You were laughing and joking and now suddenly you're serious and to the point."

Nathan laughed, "sorry, Chuckles. Especially for earlier....I didn't mean to use that sort of command on you. It's just...the world can't find out about us and I needed to make sure that you understood that."