Chapter Three: The Hospital

Tony had gotten a reply as soon as he sent a text asking about when it'd be okay to meet you and the other foster kids.

You can meet us at the hospital tonight. Chloe has a temp. and she started throwing up. You had texted.

Tony looked up, concern finding its way into his features, "We've gotta go." he swallowed, "Fri, give me eyes on Y/n L/n."

"Tony, what happened?" Rhodey walked over to his friend's side, placing a comforting hand on Tony's shoulder.

The rest of the Avengers, however, had already left, they were on their way to get dressed for the streets. (I mean, it's not like they can just go around in their uniforms, gear, and pajamas. Then people would get worried, right?)

Stephen wasn't at the tower when Tony had called for the meeting, so he was a little confused when he saw everyone rushing around, getting comfortable clothes on and grabbing things like cash (which, they didn't really need thanks to Tony, but they weren't really thinking about that), keys, and shoes.

When Tony briskly walked into the room with a concerned Rhodey at his side, Stephen looked up and their eyes met.

Tony immediately saw the confusion in Stephen's eyes and was quick to explain, "I think we're adopting kids, and one of them's in the hospital. Wanna come with? Sick kids are kinda your thing, right?" a small, teasing smile appeared on his lips, despite all the concern which seemed to be slowly clouding his judgment.

Stephen rolled his eyes, but nodded, throwing his coat on again and asking for the address.

"Uh..." Tony flipped his phone over, showing him a picture of a hospital downtown, ironically, it was the hospital Stephen used to work at.

"Oh, well that's easy enough. I can get all of you there right now." he shrugged, frowning at the rest of the team as he looked at them running about.

Stephen sighed, shook his head, took his jacket off, (not like he was gonna need it now) and opened a medium sized portal.

Upon seeing the portal, the Avengers started going through, it wasn't as rushed now because they weren't in a huge hurry to get there anymore.

Everyone was so lucky you lived near a hospital. Otherwise, this would've been a lot harder.

Everyone aside from Maverik piled into the hospital. Micheal was carrying Chloe while you texted with Stark and Malissa was telling a nurse about Chloe's state.

Maverik would've been carrying Chloe, but he wasn't at the hospital yet. He said he'd text you when he got there though, so at least there was hope for that.

Somehow, Tony was already here and looking for you.

You took a deep breath, trying to keep everything from spinning and trying to keep yourself under control; but It was hard with everyone talking, thinking so loudly. You could feel your powers unconsciously activating, as they usually did when you were under extreme stress.

Another breath.

Keep breathing, Y/n.

Your mind started thinking of other times, the smells of the hospital reminding you of HYDRA, of S.H.E.I.L.D.

Breathe.

You took a deep breath, opening your eyes to find a glowing hand on your shoulder. A closer look told you that the person's hand belonged to non-other than the Doctor Stephen Vincent Strange himself.

"Are you okay? You have an interesting–" he began.

You didn't stay to listen as you realized Chloe wasn't in your field of vision, your eyes open wide as you searched for Chloe and Micheal. Where the fuck did they run off to?! You took off, briskly walking through the waiting room as you kept looking for them. They had to be somewhere, right? They have to be nearby.