2

I was walking down the street with my hands in my jacket pocket and hood up.

I left the tower to get an electric blanket, the one thing Stark hasn't already bought us.

I was walking past an alleyway between a McDonalds and a bookstore when I heard a loud clang.

I stopped, tilting my head a bit as I took a step back before turning towards the alley. I couldn't see anything lurking within, but I knew that meant nothing.

I fingered the knife in my pocket before walking down the alley.

That was when I saw it, a dark gray and white dog ruffling through a pile of trash from a knocked over trash can. It held its left front leg up, I could see the holes in it from where I was. A bulky shock collar was latched tightly around its neck, its attention snapped to me as I stepped into the alley.

"Hey there big guy," I softly greeted, the ears twitched back from where they'd been cut long ago.

"You hungry big guy?" I questioned, slowly pulling out my phone.

It stared at me with interest, head tilted.

I unlocked my phone and tapped on the McDonalds app and ordered a cheeseburger with the request of it being brought out back.

The dog continued to stare at me, "I bet you're hungry big guy, how about a cheeseburger huh?"

It perked up its head as the back door of the McDonald's opened, an employee poked her head out.

Eyes quickly found the dog before they did me,

"Bring me the burger," I told her, offering a five.

She looked scared of the dog, eyes not leaving it for a moment as she brought me the burger and took the five.

"Keep the change," I told her and shooed her away.

She went back in through the front entrance.

The dog had its nose in the air, I could hear the snuffling from where I was.

"It's all for you big guy," I informed as I slowly dug my arm in the bag and grabbed a handful of french fries, I tossed one in front of the dog.

The fry barely even touched the ground before it was lapped up.

I tossed a few more before the dog slinked closer, head lowered and eyes locked on the paper bag.

I took out the rest of the box of fries and dumped them on the ground in front of me. They didn't last very long either.

I unwrapped the burger as I took my phone out and made a call, "Clint, I need the car."