The Attention

Being the center of attention was never Midoriya's thing. Sure, like most people, he liked some of it. But having everyone's eyes on you, watching, silently judging you? That was one of his worst nightmares. So when Katsuki Bakugou did that very thing to him, what was he supposed to do?

Midoriya was writing in his journal, as he usually did. He was so deep in thought that he didn't notice when Bakugou and his friends walked right up to him. Grabbing the journal, Bakugou took a few steps back.

"H-Hey!" 

"What's this?" Bakugou sneered. He waved Midoriya's hero journal in the air.

"It's my..my journ-" He could barely whimper in response before he was cut off.

"I'm sorry, your what now?" Bakugou held the journal closer to himself now. Midoriya stood up, almost tripping. "Give it back!" He pleaded, his voice cracking.

Bakugou simply stared at him. "What did you just say?" His voice was a low growl. Midoriya gulped.

"Please..?" Midoriya asked, his legs crossing as he wrapped his arms around himself. 

Everyone in the class was staring at him, looks of pity or amusement plastered on their faces.  Nobody said anything, but he knew they all hated him. Who wouldn't? 

Bakugou smiled an evil smile Midoriya knew all too well.

"Oh, this?" He asked, pointing at the journal in his hand. Midoriya nodded, reaching out for it.

"Then," Bakugou smiled as he turned to the window. "Go and get it!" He threw it out of the window and laughed as he and his friends walked away. "You should jump out of that window," He called out. "If you're lucky, you won't be such a freak in your next life." 

~~~

Letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding, Midoriya spotted his journal. It was bent and the spine was torn. A few papers had fallen out, but that was okay. He had his journal back. Smiling to himself, he picked it up. He walked out of the small patch of bushes he found it in and winced as the branches scratched his legs and arms. The sun was set high in the sky with no clouds to cover it. He groaned. It's too hot, he thought. He unbuttoned his uniform and wrapped it around his waist. The shirt under it was drenched in sweat, but that didn't bother him too much. Soon, he would be home and saved by the A.C.

Suddenly, he heard a meow. 

What was that?

Walking towards the sound, he came across a white cat stuck in a tree.

"Ah. There you are."

Midoriya whipped around. He had never heard this voice before.

His eyes met with the boy in front of him. He had white and red hair, but it was barely noticeable under the black hat he was wearing. He had on a red shirt with some kanji on it. His shorts were right above the knee, and he was wearing flip flops. His face had a red scar surrounding one of his eyes, and he was sweating, too. 

"Oh. Who are you?" His voice sent chills down Midoriya's spine.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bother you, I just heard a cat and-"

"That's okay. Can you help me get him down?" The stranger asked, walking towards him.

"Huh?"

"My cat ran up that tree. Can you help?"

"Oh! Uh, sure?"

The stranger nodded. 

~~~

Sitting underneath the tree's shade was pure bliss. 

"Ah." Midoriya let out, his body cooling down after having been in the heat.

The stranger sat down next to him, a water bottle in hand. He offered it to Midoriya silently, pointing it at him.

"Oh, yeah. Thanks."

Midoriya took a sip and sighed.

"Thank you for helping me get Mr. Muffin out of the tree."

Midoriya choked.

The stranger's eyes widened and he stood, but Midoriya held out his hand as in wait.

He gulped down the rest of the water and let out a laugh. The other boy was relieved and sat back down again.

"Mr. Muffin?" Midoriya giggled upon hearing the silly name.

The boy felt his heart warm after seeing the other boy laugh, and clutched some grass underneath him.

"Yes," he said. "That is his name."

Midoriya smiled at the boy, unaware of the effect it provided him.

"But what's  your  name?" Midoriya asked, his eyes meeting the stranger.

The boy was captivated by his green eyes and hesitated.

"Tell me yours first," was all he could muster as he looked away, his heart pounding in his chest.

"Oh, it's a bit boring. It's Izuku Midoriya, but," Midoriya looked down as he finished his sentence. "My friends call me Deku."

The boy looked up.

"But doesn't that mean..?"

"Yep! But it's okay."

The other boy nodded.

"So, what's your name?"

The other boy was about to open his mouth when a booming voice behind them shouted,

"Who the fuck are you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  literally in love with all of you. have an amazing day <3

- Viva