Chapter 26

Twenty Six
The Peaceful Child
Ericka James

It was the next morning and this big house was silent as ever, meaning that Cairo hadn't arrived home as yet. I don't know what it was that had him at the hospital but I could only hope and pray that everything was going to be alright.

I walked through the house, giving myself a little private tour. It really was everything I had imagined my future home with him to be. Very neat, organized, rustic and homey feel to it. The smell alone reminded me of home. "Good morning." His housekeeper, Rosa said as I walked into the kitchen where she was preparing breakfast.

"Good morning." I said in response. Although she tried to help that little witch who framed me last night. I still had a bit of respect, especially since I knew how Cairo felt about respecting the help. I wasn't trying to get kicked out of here, at least not for now so I was going to be on my best behaviour.

"Mr. Knight had me run out and grab a few items for you," she wiped her hands off on a kitchen rag before going into the living room, she picked up laundry basket filled with clothes. "I did my best with choosing a size, let me know how everything goes. They're all washed and folded." She placed the basket into my arms and my eyes watered at the sight. "I have the clothes for the girls in the dryer." She said giving me a nod before she walked back into the kitchen.

"Thank you," I said, sniffling away my tears. Lord knows that I was tired and growing embarrassed of wearing the few items I had brought with me. To see so much option again reminded me of the old days, when things were good, when he was getting ready to marry me.

"Don't thank me, thank Mr. Knight." She smirked as she washed her hands and resumed cooking. "You know how giving he is."

"You're right." I laughed, just reminiscing once again. Throughout everything, he had never changed. Cairo was always a good one, he had such a big heart and never once did he allow situations to change his character. No matter how upset or hurt, Cairo would always remain Cairo. "I'm going to bring these upstairs."

"Sounds good, breakfast should be ready by the time you do."

"Perfect." I smiled, "do you mind making me the diet option?"

"Already done and I threw it some of my famous weight loss tea on the side for you."

"Thank you so much." I, then proceeded for the stairs. Just as I was about to go however, there was a knock on the door. That caused my brow to raise, I looked back to see the housekeeper engulfed in what she was doing. After hearing another knock, I figured that it was my job to open the door, so I placed the basket down and did just that.

I checked the peephole at first and my stomach turned, I didn't know what to think or do but I decided I would play it off. I quickly undid the locks and chains then pulled the door open, I also shut it behind me before jumping in his arms. "Kevin!" I screamed.

"What's going on baby sis," he hugged me as tight as ever and we swayed back and forth. I hadn't realized until we pulled apart that he wasn't alone, my sisters were around him as well.

"Oh my, goodness!" I opened my arms and pulled them all into a group hug. "What the hell are you guys doing here?" I asked, stepping back to take a good look at everyone. They looked amazing as usual, making me automatically grow embarrassed with what I had on, along with the obvious weight gain. I hadn't brushed my teeth yet or even made myself look decent. This was a horrible reunion especially because before I left, I was looking down on my siblings, now, they were here stunting on me?

"We heard you were in town and couldn't believe it. I thought if you'd ever step foot back here that we would be your first person of contact." McKenna, my older sister spoke up. "We had to see it for ourselves."