Zombie Apocalypse AU

Recommended to me by SlytherinGurl66, Thanks for the awesome recommendation! I had a lot of fun writing this, hope you enjoy!

"Connor and Evan need to end up together, even if we die trying." Zoe audibly whispered to Jared. I can hear her, I hope she's aware I can hear her. I've never seen Jared so quiet other than these past few months, the worlds "Greatest" scientist created a "cure" for death, a terrible idea by the name of Nanobots. At first, humanity was relieved that they could keep their loved ones alive longer than they should be, but as most good things normally are, it was too good to be true. The Murphys had previously created an emergency foolproof apocalypse bunker. Scientists attempted to wipe out the diseased human race by bombing many infested cities and towns. luckily, our city wasn't one of the cities who got bombed, but we did have a recent outbreak and at this point, the government has gone into lockdown.

"I've been trying to for months, but Evan over here is too scared to ask him." Zoe sighed, pouting slightly. I opened my mouth to tell them something, but immediately forgot what I was about to say. Alana must have caught on as she frantically nodded.

"I've never actually played matchmaker for two of my friends, but" I zoned the rest of her really long speech. Connor and I met in the woods when I broke my arm. I remember hearing footsteps and very few concerned phrases over the sound of my own loud sobbing. I remember when we got to the hospital, he was the only one besides my mom to visit me, he was the first to sign my cast, the first person he told about his previous attempts and how I saved his life, if it wasn't for me "falling" in the same park he was in, he would have taken his own life. He was the first person I came out to and I the first person he came out to. We've actually been secretly dating for a few weeks now because he actually had the courage to make it happen. We've loved entertaining the fantasies of Jared, Alana, and Zoe. Connor had come back from the mini fridge that we kept in this bunker. The Murphys are huge believers in the supernatural, so they built this bunker knowing something bad will happen one day. What they didn't realize was that that day, was today. The bunker wasn't pristinely decorated, and it just had the essentials, a T.V for watching the news for updates, a small kitchen, a few bunk beds, a small bathroom, and a few other unnecessary things. The updates stopped a long time ago, but we keep the T.V in here for some extra light, even though we have a few lamps in the bunker. We're not allowed to leave the bunker, due to the outbreak. The Murphy's house is completely demolished, so peeking out the window of their residence is impossible unless you have a death wish. The door the bunker resides in was boarded up and locked, and even if anyone should get though, there are traps. We have a code, and a group text should anyone leave. The Murphy's had been preparing this for quite a while just in the rare case that an apocalypse could ever happen. I walked over to Connor, who went back into the kitchen.

"Should we tell them that we're dating?" I whispered, Connor shook his head laughing.

"Let's let them figure it out on their own." Connor giggled, grasping my hand. Since the kitchen is somewhat blocked off we were able to be more affectionate towards each other, nothing dirty just hugs and kisses.

"Connor! Evan! Just get some food and get back in here!" Zoe yelled, Connor kissed me on the forehead, walking out of the kitchen. I followed him out of the kitchen sitting next to him.

"What were you guys making out in the kitchen." I shook my head as Jared sighed. "Well then, what were you doing?"

"We were just getting food." Connor shook his head.

"We've been in a secret relationship for the past couple weeks." My face morphed into one of shock.

"CONNOR!!! WE WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO TELL THEM!!!" I blushed burying my face in his shoulder. Connor kissed me on the forehead. Hugging me closer to him. We heard silence and then loud arguing between Jared, Alanna, and Zoe. Connor and I glanced at each other, giggled and then glanced at them.

"We knew it. We knew it all along." I knew how a thought like this could pop their heads. Back when the apocalypse was first covered on the news, Connor invited me over to his house. I was the first person who was asked to meet up at his house. The others were coming in a few hours which left the entire house to ourselves.

"Connor, why did you call me over? Why did you tell me to bring my stuff?" I asked as he hugged me tight to him. "Connor, babe, I'm seriously getting worried. Why did you call me over?" Connor glanced at me.

"The apocalypse has begun, I called the others over, but I'm just really happy that you're okay." He sounded like he was going to cry. His soft lips met mine, as his fingers made they're way through my hair. "I'm so glad you're okay." Connor stated hugging me close to him. I hugged him back placing my head on his shoulder. We heard the window clack as moans and groans could be heard through the window. Connor got up, taking me by the hand as he walked to the bookshelf. He tugged at a book with the label "surviving the apocalypse, one step at a time. He led me the stairs until we reached this small, fairly bland looking room. "Evan, stay right here, I'll be back." Connor grabbed a baseball bat with nails and barbed wire around the diameter of the bat.

"Connor!" I called as he turned around to meet my eyes. "Be safe, I love you." I kissed him on the lips, as he walked up the stairs, leaving the bunker. There was a door behind me it had a code pad, meaning that this was just the holding area.

Minutes passed before Jared, Zoe, Alana, and Connor walked back into the bunker. Connor was drenched in dried blood of which I could only hope for it to be zombie boot and not his own. I waited until Jared had walked away becoming less occupied with Connor and I, to talk to Connor.

"Are you okay?" I asked he nodded walking down the stairs and unlocking the coded door behind me. Connor yelled for us all to get into the other room, and once we all made it in, he locked the door behind himself.

"This is the bunker you will be living in, make yourself comfortable," Connor stated, flicking the light switch so we can now see where we are going. Connor and I walked into the bedroom, there sat about four bunk beds. Spanning from one side of the wall to the other. Connor told me to claim a bunk for the both of us. I placed my stuff on the bed I chose, the farthest to the wall and the bottom bunk. Connor nodded, kissing me on the cheek. Jared followed by Zoe and Alana then claimed the remaining bunks, like little children on a family vacation.

"Hey Hot Topic, whatcha doin' with Hansen?" Jared asked coming across as an extremely protective dad. "You're not planning to take him out, are you?"

"JARED!!" I yelled my face going red. Jared on occasion acts like my dad, telling me who I can and can't date. He's an awful father, he once gave me a bath bomb for (what he thought was) my birthday and when I told him I didn't want anymore due to all the ones he's bought me in the past months. He ate the bath bomb, right in front of me, it was scary his jaw just unhinged like a snake.

"I may be Jared. I may be." I glared at Connor.

"CONNOR!! YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!" I yelled playfully pushing him.

"Aw, their first big fight!" Jared stated, I glared at him nothing the words, I will kill you.

"On another note, does anyone want any food?" Connor asked. That wasn't too long ago, or at least it feels like too long ago. That was only the first day, it's been somewhere around weeks now, maybe even a month. At this rate, who knows how long we've been here. Luckily, we haven't run out of food yet, but faith that life will be back to the way it was is fleeting.

Before we knew it the lights started to flicker, until eventually, the power went out. I hate the dark, I really do. We often sat in a circle with a cordless lamp in the center, just in the case that something like this ever happened, but we know eventually we're going to run out of batteries. We all walked to the bedroom to grab our own blankets, knowing it was going to get really cold, really quick. Connor and I huddled together as we kept up a consistent conversation to take our minds off the horrors happening outside the safety of our bunker. Connor held me close to him, knowing I was scared considering the fact that we are now a lot weaker without technology. I know that the doors are locked, but still, there's always a slim chance that they could find a way in. Connor talked me off the ledge as I realized, we're okay. Nothing bad is going to happen to me.

Maybe we'll be okay, after all...