Stepping Stones (Niall Horan Fanfiction)

Chapter 1

~Connections~

My name is Samantha Wesley. My only true friend, Tara, calls me Sam, which she knows I hate. I live with my grandmother. I'm turning 18 in a couple weeks so I plan on moving out soon. My parents divorced when I was small and I stayed with my mom until she died in a car accident 6 years ago.  There was no sign if my father. People think he is off in hiding since he's known for being in debt to many people. I think he's dead and so do a lot of others but, they don't want to say it to my face. Cowards

I live in Los Angeles, California. I love the sun, the beach, and most of all Hollywood. I don't sing or act but I do love writing. I go to USC majoring in Film and Creative Writing. Today, I am directing my first play. Tara is an excellent actress so I asked her to be in it. The only reason I'm doing it today is because Tara is a huge one direction fan and they're in town today. She tweets them every 5 minutes asking them to come. Like that will happen. They get thousands of tweets everyday! I stay hopeful for Tara's sake.

I'm in class right now trying my best not to fall asleep. We had rehearsals until 2 AM last night and we're no where near perfect. My phone vibrates and I got a text.

'Nate: Hey Samantha! Excited about the performance tonight! What are you doing after? Tara and I were going to get something to eat.'

Nate plays Tara's brother in the play. I think he developed a crush on her by the way he looks at her but, there's a reason they play siblings. They look the same! Blonde wavy hair, bright green eyes, and the same personalities. Fun, bubbly, but still fun. They'd be a perfect couple, though!

'Me: I'd love to but I have to go home to my grandma. She got sick :(

I'm lying but, I really want them to have the night to themselves. I've been single for.... forever. I don't really like relationships because they always have to end. The only heartbreak I've ever experienced was when I lost my mom.

"Class dismissed. And I hope you all can make it to our very own, Samantha Wesley's production tonight. Would you like to give more details, Samantha?" the professor asks.

"Oh um.. Sure! Doors open at 6:45 but it doesn't start until 7. It should be done by 8:30 and there will be a short reception after. You know, for drinks and such..." I'm an awkward mess, scrambling my books into my bag while my hair flies into my mouth while I talk. Everyone is staring at me and I smile, blushing. We all walk out and I'm about to open the door to my car when a hand taps my shoulder. I turn around and there's a brown haired skiny girl with freckles who looks familiar.

"Hi! I'm Quinn.. I'm in your class, " she shakes my hand, "I'm friends with Tara. You probably know her plan to get One Direction to come to your performance tonight, right? Well, I didn't want to tell her but, I've been itching to tell someone! I'm one of the boys' girlfriends' cousins. Eleanor's. She asked the boys if they wanted to come tonight and it's right after their concert at the Staples center so they agreed to come! Please don't tell Tara! I want it to be a surprise!" I drop my jaw in shock. I swear if this girl is lying to me, I will punch her in her freckle covered face. She doesn't look like she's lying though... I let out a girlish squeal. One Direction is coming to my production! What if it sucks? Oh who cares about that! Tara is going to be so excited!

"Oh my goodness. Thank you so much!" I give Quinn a hug. "Will you be there though? I'm sure Tara would want to thank you as well," I tell her. She says she'll try to make it. This is crazy! One Direction! If only I can keep my mouth shut for a couple more hours... I'm terrible at keeping secrets