I rocked back and forth on my bed which made creepy sounds of the old wooden planks.

But they weren't scary anymore to me. There were other things I was afraid of. Other things I did not know about.

It was 9:00 pm. It was night and night was dark. I hated the dark because it was then it came after me.

During the day it would just take shelter in the shadow of anything or hide in dark damp alleys.

Click. I heard the door open with a faint sound. The old wood creaked again.

A chilling wave of air entered the room with a gush. As if it were forced in. The air blew as if it whispered something.

It reached my bare foot which sent creepy chills right to my spine. I felt the hair of my neck stand up as if they were ALERT I rocked even harder. Making the sounds more prominent, louder and creepier.

Creak.... Creak.... Creak...

I pressed my finger nails into my sweaty palms which caused immense pain.

The door opened a bit more AND goosebumps spread across my body.

By now my palms started to bleed. Crimson red blood trickled down to the sheets.

The room temperature suddenly dropped. It dropped too low for a night in the summers.

I stretched a bit to snuggle into my mattress, which gave me some warmth.

I felt a wave of shiver as my weak body trembled slightly.

The door opened a bit more, sending more cool winds into the room.

The temperature dropped even low now. I dug my nails even more deep.

I shut my eyes tightly. I knew it would take me today.

"Dear Anamika, don't rock that way it'll hurt your back." My mom suddenly pushed the door open.

I sighed in relief as I saw her. She was holding a cup of hot milk. I knew it was hot as the steam danced in a particular pattern.

But the pattern was violently disturbed because of the chilling winds that made its way again.

I felt the hair on my neck slowly fall but stood right away when my mother asked.

"Why was your door open? "

That when I knew it was here.

Again.....