2

y/n pov

"listen, i promise it will only be a quick little pinch, it won't be bad at all!" i tell shawn, he throws his hands in the air and declines.

i've been trying to get him to wear earrings again, but he won't budge.

"fuck no! that will hurt so bad, i'm not doing that!" he whines, i roll my eyes.

"whatever, you're such a pussy" i mumble and stops walking, and looks me dead in the eye.

"did you just call me a pussy?" he asks, i lean on the counter smirking.

"yeah, and what about it?"

"fine. do it. re pierce my ear" he says sitting on the counter, i let out a laugh.

i get everything sterile, then pour him a shot. he smirks and chugs it. i stick the needle through his ear and he grits his teeth, i hold back laughter.

after a few minutes of cursing and yelling, his ears were repiecred. i smile, he looked cute.

"not bad, huh?" i smile, shawn nods, staring in the mirror.

"lauren is picking me up soon, i think we're going out to dinner" he says reading from his phone. i press my lips into a thin line.

i'm happy for shawn of course, but lauren gets jealous sometimes, and she can be rude.

"have fun!" i say, he smiles.

"do you like her?" shawn asks, caught off guard by the question, my face turns a light shade of pink, was it obvious?

"yeah i like her, i just find her to be a little jealous sometimes." i say causally, he nods.

"she is, she's controlling too. i'm thinking of breaking up with her tonight, we've been together for so long but recently she's been super rude. tour is starting and i can't have distractions" he sighs, i rubs his arm and give him a sympathetic stare.

"but you can have a relationship and your significant other should grow with you instead of old you back. and if that's what lauren is doing with you, then it might be a good thing to break things off" i say, he gives me a light smile, he nods.

we stare at each other for a few seconds, then slowly lean in, soon our lips are pressed together. his fingers run through my hair, everything felt right. but he had a girlfriend. i quickly pull away.

"shawn no" i say wiping my mouth, a tear slides from my face. he felt so good, but we could never be a thing.

"this can't be a thing, you have a girlfriend" i choke out, he gets up and goes over to hug me, but i flinch, i felt horrible.

"y/n, i-" but the doorbell rings, lauren was waiting.

"just go" i whisper, he looks at me before slamming the door.

did that really just happen? it felt way too right, i could not start a relationship with my best friend, shawn mendes.