Chapter 1

(A/N: Matt, Mello, and Near are alive and working with L in this story btw)

My eyes snapped open to the loud ringing coming from my phone. I let it go to voicemail and silence returned to my room. I let my eyes fall shut again but once again snapped them open as the ringing sounded up again. I let it go to voicemail another time but got the same result. Damn, whoever was calling was persistent.

"The bloody hell are you and what do you want?" I hissed into the phone, wincing as I turned on the light

"You're needed on an assignment." my case manager said

"Tell the idiots to get some other sorry soul. I'm on my damn vacation." I said irritably "A well fucking deserved one too."

"It's the Kira case. L is already assigned to the case but they need more people so we're sending you." they explained "I know you've been traveling but where are you? You'll need to get over to Japan right away."

"I happened to already be here visiting my hometown so I guess I'll take the job." I said "But once it's over I'm taking the rest of my vacation. It'll be a paid vacation."

"As long as you take this case then we'll make the rest of your vacation paid when you take it." they agreed

I received the files and contact information regarding the case and sent a call to the headquarters I'd be working at using my laptop as I got dressed.

Light's P.O.V

An incoming call rang on the screens, causing the files we were looking at to be blocked from view temporarily. L answered the call and a huge V was displayed on the screen. Whoever called began to speak and a voice changer masked their voice.

 Whoever called began to speak and a voice changer masked their voice

"This is L, who am I speaking to?" L said

"I've been assigned to the Kira case you're investigating." they said "This is V. I'm sure you're already aware of my assignment to this case so I won't bore you with details. I'm on my way now so you can expect me to arrive in about ten minutes."

"Another detective?" Mello asked while snapping a piece of chocolate off his bar "Who's this V guy anyways?"

"The world's greatest detective." L said calmly

"Wait I thought that was you." I said in confusion

"As much as I hate to admit it, it's not. I've never met V before though. This'll be the first time I've seen them." he explained

There was a knock at the door and everyone seemed to freeze. I walked over to the door and opened it, surprised to came face to face with a girl who looked to be about nineteen.

Skye's P.O.V

(outfit)