You Can be a Hero

"Without a Quirk?" 

"It might've been because I don't have a Quirk, but I'm always made fun of... Maybe that's why... I don't know... But I think saving people is super cool. Saving people with a fearless smile. I want to be the greatest hero, like you...!"

"Pros are always Risking their lives. I cannot simply say, 'You can become a hero even without power." 

"I see..." 

"C-Child, I didn't mean it like that. I can't say you could without power. However if you train and stay Determined, you may succeed." I told Izuku as I walked down the sidewalk with him on my shoulders. "It's not bad to dream, but you must stay determined, and never give up, child. But I don't believe you could if you continue as you are. Perhaps you should choose another job. I'm sure your parents would be very worried about your safety even more if you became a hero."

"T-Thank you for the advice, Mr. Asgore, but I can't give up. Not so soon."

"Just call me Asgore, Determined one. Perhaps it is time for you to head home." I said as I crouched down and put down the tea jugs to help get Izuku get off of my shoulders. 

"Thank you! This really helped me today. Even if you don't believe in me yet, I know you will soon!" Izuku said as he stood tall a familiar Determined glint in his eyes. 

"It was nice to meet you,child. Goodbye." I said waving to him as he started walking home.

Once he was out of sight I turned around and grabbed the tea jugs. However when I grabbed them I noticed something odd, they were much lighter than before. Not good. I examined the jug and that there was no longer a lid on it.

"How did this happen?" I asked quietly asked myself. Perhaps did a bird steal the lid. I looked up and saw smoke. 

It was in the direction Izuku was heading. Not good. I have to get there before he does. I start jogging as I can't really run to well with one of my larger armors on.

(Izuku POV)

I was walking home when I saw the smoke. Excited by the chance to see a hero in action after my talk with THE Mountain King.

I finally arrived at the place the explosion came from. I started doubting my chances of being a hero. 

I looked to see who the villain was when I noticed it was the slime guy from before.

'What's that guy doing here?! Did it get away from Asgore?! Did it escape while he was waving me goodbye?! If it did, that would mean it's my fault for distracting him.'

"Why aren't those heroes doing anything?" One man asked confused by the heroes just standing there. 

"They can't. Apparently the villain caught a junior high schooler. It's been like that for a while." Another answered 

'Caught...? It's been like that for a while? How can they bear that suffocation? I thought I'd die after a few seconds. Wow...' I thought to myself, terrified. 

"Anyway, wasn't that the villain Asgore the Mountain King was chasing earlier?" 

"Asgore the Mountain King? No way! He's here? In the city?" A man with sharp teeth asked.

"I think I saw him earlier today."

"Seriously?! Then what's he doing?" 

'It's my fault. The villain escaped and he's to far away to arrive in time. He can't catch that guy. All we can do is wait for a hero with a more suitable Quirk! Do your best! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! Help will arrive soon... Someone... A hero... will soon...' I thought to myself covering my mouth, eyes wide with shock as the villain looks towards the crowd allowing me to see Kacchan's terrified yet enraged face. I dropped my notebook and ran past the heroes towards the villain to help Kacchan escape the villain's grasp.