Helping you 03

I woke in a bed, a bed I was sure was my own until I looked down at myself. It was a ballet dancers bed, so it still was mine but not the one from the home I am used too. I gently placed my feet on the right side of the bed onto the floor, it was cold and hard, probably as a floor should be. I stood up and smiled recalling the events that happened just the night before this morning. The Phantom himself, at least, I believe it was him, brought me to the dorms after I fell asleep in his box.
     The thought made me wonder if anyone witnessed it. Maybe Madame Giry will ask, she seems to know everything and every secret the Opera House holds. I had of course made plans to return to Erik's Lair, I don't abide by his rules of course. I decided what I would do today, I would practice my dancing then later head off to the lair.
     I walk to the stage after learning that today everyone was allowed to have a break. I enter to the stage seeing Meg there practicing her own dance.

     "Mademoiselle Giry," I start walking towards her with my left hand behind my back and the other outstretched delicately, "May I have this dance?"
     The girl giggles and takes my loose hand curtseying. "Why but of course monsieur Daniels."
     I smile and place my left hand on her waist delicately and take my other hand to her shoulder, she does the same. "wonderful mademoiselle."
     We then start the stereotypical waltz giggling the whole way until we hear a thud on the floor. "Katherina, Meg what are you doing?" A familiar voice asks.
     "Apologies Madame, we were just having fun." I say releasing Meg's waist but my hand still rested on her shoulder.
     "Yes maman, only fun" Meg says smiling and snickering.
     I snicker again and pat Meg's shoulder, "Maybe we should start actually practicing."
     "Yes maybe you girls should." Madame says looking at us annoyed and maybe a little amused.
     "Alright, Kathy where should we start?" Meg asks turning to me
     "How about," I start, placing my hands in the places for the waltz "here."
     We giggle until Meg snorts and we start laughing like absolute idiots.
     "We need to practice Monsieur Daniels, but maybe one more dance wont hurt."
     "Girls!"
     "Yes Madame!" I exclaim quickly releasing Meg and giggling again.
     "I think we really should now," Meg says smiling, "Though, that was fun"
     "But promise me one more dance Mademoiselle Giry." I say bowing to her like a prince.
     "Only for the best Monsieur Daniels." She says curtseying to me and I grin.
     "lovely." I say and stand up straight again I get into our actual dance position. "How about we start now."
     She laughs, "Okay."

     It was eventually time for the end of me and Meg's "Practicing" and now I was excited, I was going to Erik's lair tonight. He wont like it I doubt he will. I skip and pull on a cloak to keep myself warm when journeying into the lair. It was a deep blue, contrasting with my off-white dancers outfit. By now Christine should be returned in her bed, I knew for sure because I had heard before my practicing that "notes" was going on.

    "Nighttime, sharpens, heightens each sensation." I sang when arriving at the Prima Donna's room. Thankfully, Christine was not there.
"Darkness stirs and wakes imagination."  I sung at a much slower rate than the actual song and opened the mirror revealing the passage behind it.
"Silently the senses, Abandon their defenses." I stepped in, continuing my song- not technically my song but you know what I mean.
    "slowly, gently night unfurls its splendor. Grasp it, sense it, tremulous and tender."  I could not  stop myself from walking farther and farther into the passage, not that I wanted to anyway.
"Turn your face away, from the garish light of day! Turn your thoughts away from cold, unfeeling light." I sung silently, trying not to be as loud because these halls were very echoey.
"And listen to the music of the night." My song drifted off only to be replaced with a beautiful tune from an organ,his probably.

     I kept walking and with my dumb luck I could almost immediately later feel a tight rope around my neck. "Stop-Phantom." I could barely choke out.
     "Why should I?" he hisses into my ear and I feel my eyes widen in surprise at how he got he so close so fast.
     "Because, I don't wish to harm you, mon ange." I say calmly but I'm internally panicking.
     "How can I believe you?"
     "I did not harm you last night did I?"  He reluctantly lets the rope fall from my neck and I smile gratefully. "mon ange-"
     "Why do you call me that? you should fear me, I almst took your life."
     "But you didn't" I point out with a smug smile.
     "Oh wipe that off, its not funny to be joking with your life now on the edge." He steps away from me and stares at me very intensly, like he was studying me.
     "Anyway, thank you for not killing me." I smile again and he does not return one.
     "Why are you here?" He snarls and faces away from me.
     "I only wish to help monsieur"
     "With what? what can you help me with?"
     "With yourself perhaps?"
     "I don't need any help, now scram ballet rat."
      "Ouch, rude, okay I'll leave now because you wished me to, but I will be back tomorrow, you cannot stop me!" I turn and face the opposite direction.
     "I could stop you right now." He calls after me.
     "No you wont!" I call out and look behind me.
     "Yes I-"
     "10am Mon ange! tomorrow!"
     he sighs, "Goodbye."
     "Katherina, its Katherina, goodbye mon ange." I smile back at him and keep walking.
     "I know." He says silently, I almost didn't hear him.

     I walk out of the mirror and skedaddle to my room. How Exciting! I met him, the Phantom of the Opera! I flop on my bed and smile gleefully. Now I can help him as I wish.