Chapter 3 ; A choice

~~~ Quick note before you continue this story. I want to thank everyone reading. I didn't think it was possible BUT THIS STORY WAS RANKED 63 IN "Flippy"!!! Thank you all so much. Without you guys supporting this story and reading, I wouldn't have gotten here. I know it seems like a low number, but the fact is that IT RANKED AT ALL!!!! It means so much to me. Thank you again! And here it is, Chapter 3. I hope you enjoy it even though it's not that eventful. ~~~

Almost as soon as he saw Fil, Sid dropped the bag he was holding onto the floor, "Whoa... Wait is this real...? Is this a dream...?" He looked around the apartment before actually pinching himself. He knew, well, thought, that Fil was dead. "This...This is real..?" He blinked rapidly before falling into the nearby chair in the dining room. "But you...? How did he...?" Sid seemed to not be able to even get out a full sentence.

"Yes..." I spoke up, pulling away from Fil and wiping my eyes. "He's actually alive..." I whispered. I still couldn't believe it myself. Part of me was still confused and thought it really was a dream. But it wasn't. I looked between Fil and Sid, who were staring at each other in disbelief...well, Sid was staring at Fil in disbelief. Fil was staring at Sid in...anger? Confusion? I couldn't quite figure it out until Fil stood and walked towards the door.

"Call or text me tomorrow. You two should talk." He said quickly before closing the door rather hard. And like that, it made it seem all too real... The sound of my heart shattering, once again, was deafening...

___/\___/\___/\___/\___/\___

It took Sid a while to come to grip on reality. In the meantime, I sat there in silence. His facial expressions would shift between confusion, pain, and fear. Finally, his eyes seemed to grow dead as he looked up at me. "How long have you known..?" He asked, his voice was tinged with betrayal.

"Only since before leaving... Yes, I faked a stomach ache... I'm sorry..." I sighed and stood, walking over to him. I was stopped as he put his hand up.

"Does this mean... You'll leave me for him...?" He was clearly in pain... I didn't want to hurt him... But even though my heart belonged to Fil, I couldn't just abandon Sid... We had a life together... My life and his life were finally becoming full... It wasn't until I saw Fil that I realized there was a huge hole in my heart...

"I... I don't know..." I winced as he slammed his hand down on the table. I had never seen him act that way before. Without a word, he waved his hand to me. I knew that meant to leave him alone, and so I did. I walked into my room, sat on my bed, and began to cry... What was I thinking..? Telling him I don't know..? I didn't even know if I still loved him... But what was I supposed to do..? Was I supposed to abandon all thought of ever being with the man I truly loved..? Or should I listen to my heart and leave...or rather, tell Sid to leave... It was my apartment after all.. I stood and changed into a set of modest pajamas before crawling into bed and thinking about what it was I should do...

___/\___/\___/\___/\___/\___

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of my phone going off. It was my alarm just to keep me on schedule. Luckily, I had the day off... So I at least had a day to get my mind...and heart...together. When I walked out of my room, Sid wasn't there. All I found was a letter on the front door.

Fay, As much as it pains me to do this... I can tell where your heart lies. Go and be with him... Delete my number... I don't think we can stay friends... My heart hurts too much... I will always love you and always be here for you... If you really need me, you know how to find me..

                                              Forever yours,

                                                                           Sid.

How...why...would he do this... He knew how Fil left me in the same manner... I rushed into my room and looked in the closet. Sure enough, his things were gone.. How did he do that without waking me...? I wondered... He didn't even talk to me... He just left... My chest hurt, though not nearly as bad as it did when Fil left... I guess I had my answer... I was going to be with Fil... Yes, I was sad about Sid leaving me, but at the same time, relieved... Right as I went for my phone, it buzzed. It was Fil.

Hey, did you talk..? Should I come over..? I don't want to make things worse or harder for you, Fay... But I love you so damn much and all I thought about was you when I was gone.

I thought for a moment if it was even a good idea to text him back, especially since it had been only minutes since I found that note from Sid.. I text back anyway.

Come over... Sid left... I guess we need to talk too... I'll be waiting...