SANTA BABY.

Or the one where a Christmas party at a bar leads to an unexpected night of pleasure...

Jordan

The first thing that I learn about Los Angeles is that it's a lot different from Boston. I've only been here two weeks, two weeks and I still haven't adjusted to the abnormal heat in the middle of December. Seventy degree temperatures on Christmas Eve is not what I was expecting to feel.

That's why my usual Christmas party fit felt a little warm tonight, it's a good thing though, means I get to leave it open on the front and show off my body. I worked too hard not to flaunt it, and as I look at myself in the mirror of my apartment before heading out, I know I look damn good.

There are still plenty of things left to unpack on my apartment, and I've had plenty of time to do that honestly. The only thing is that I like to explore, so while I've been exploring the city, my things have stayed in these boxes.

My explorations led me to O'Malley's, a bar right across the street from the hospital that I'll be starting my intern year at on January 7th. Andrew General Hospital. It's what I've been looking forward to my entire life. It's what I've wanted. Now that it's here, I can't help but feel nervous.

Luckily, O'Malley's is having its annual Christmas party tonight, and from what the Bartender Joanne tells me, it's a smash every year.

So, here I am, decked out in my Santa Claus onesie and Santa hat.

O'Malley's tonight is jumping, too, I don't think I've ever seen as many people as there are here, and I've been frequenting this place pretty much every nice since my arrival.

I make my way through the crowd, where plenty of people of all ages are all ready drunk. Looks like I've got plenty of catching up to do. Making my way to the bar, I see Joanne and she smirks at me as she walks over.

Joanne always dresses like a truck driver, her flat brown hair pulled back into a tight ponytail, and the skin on her neck reveals years of smoking. She's funny as hell though.

"You're two hours later, mother fucker." Joanne says as she pours me my usual.

"You know what they say, Jo," I say, leaning against the bar with a charming smile, "a king is never late, everyone else is simply early."

Joanne makes a buzzer sound. "Wrong! It's a queen is never late, and don't go trying to quote The Princess Diaries to me, you ain't Julie Andrews."

"Man, is you don't shut your old ass up and hand me my drink." I say playfully.

"You better watch that mouth of yours. I'll spit all in your shit." Jo says, pointing a bony finger at me as she slides my drink in front of me.