Pancakes

Brooklyn's POV

"How could you!" I yelled as the tears started to form in my eyes.

"I don't know!" Sky yelled back.

"How can you not know when you're the one who's causing this problem!" I yelled back.

"I just don't feel that way about-"

"And here I was thinking that you actually cared about me," I cut off. 

"I did at one point," he defended.

"But not anymore?" I asked quietly. When he didn't answer I felt my heart shatter again. "How many times are you going to break my heart?" I asked shakily. 

"Maybe you shouldn't believe everything a guy says to you," he replied seriously. "That's always been your biggest weakness Brooklyn. You believe everything people say, and you take it way too seriously."

"That's easy to say when you have no idea what I've been through!" I yelled back. "You don't even know the half of it." the tears fell down my face, and I felt my whole body go numb. But I could care less at the moment. 

"I think we're done here," Sky said before waking away.

Sky's POV

"Brooklyn!" I yelled while shaking her awake. 

"Sky, don't leave," she said in her sleep. "please don't go."

"Brooklyn wake up!" I yelled while shaking her a bit harder. It was sometime in the middle of the night when I heard my name being called. When I asked what the only response I got was "don't leave me". I wasn't sure what was happening at the moment, all I knew was that I had to wake Brook up. So far nothing was working. Every time I said something she'd yell something strange back. It was like her brain was taking the words I was saying and turning it into something else. 

I continued to shake her awake while calling her name over and over again. It went on like that to what seemed like forever until Brook finally woke up with a loud gasp before her breathing quickened. I reached over to turn on the lamp. When there was a click sound Brook seemed to pop up, before looking around the room. 

"Hey, it's ok," I whispered while slipping a hand onto her cheek. 

"Sky?" she asked quietly.

"Yeah babe?" I asked with a small smile. Tears started to fall down Brook's face before she hugged me tightly. I of course wrapped my arms around her, with one hand on her back and the other stroking her head. I rocked her back and fourth while whispering soothing things in her ear. I could feel the tears run down her face and onto my neck, and her warm breath as she took smalls gaps every few seconds. Brook's body shook as she tensed up with every passing second. I wasn't sure what was going on, but whatever was going on it sure shook her up good.

"Sky?" Brooklyn asked quietly after a long silence.

"Yeah?" I asked while looking down at her.

"You wouldn't cheat on me again, would you?" 

"I already made the mistake of losing you once." I lifted up her head so I could look her in the eyes as I said, "I'm not making that mistake again. I love you too much to hurt you like that."

"And I love you too," she replied quietly while sniffing her nose. I wiped away her tears as the smallest smile appeared on her face. "Sky, if I were to tell you something insane, would you think I'm weird?" 

"It depends on how insane it is," I replied.

"I'm serious," she said. "I've never told anyone this, not even Nick. And I've wanted to talk about this since it happened, but.....everyone would think I'm crazy." by the sound of her voice I can tell she's being serious. This isn't a joke or some game she's playing. It's real.