2. Dreamscape Lament (1/4)

A/N:

Thank you for waiting! I'm free for the winter, so I'll get back to writing and updating!

•♤|Nobunaga Focus|♤•

"Your rules are flawed." Nobunaga's voice echoed throughout the court, chilling the atmosphere. "If it were more flexible, then our lady wouldn't have been fatally hurt."

The Justice court gave off hushed whispers from above. Nobunaga's demonic eyes narrowed as they glowed ever so menacingly upon them, and he mustered up all his strength to prevent himself from lashing out.

"What happened to her?" One of the justices, Karma asked him.

"Her Ladyship was shot twice defending a human. I saw it with my own eyes." He replied to her. "I wanted to help her, but your pathetic boundaries kept me from doing so."

More whispers. Nobunaga's patience was running thin, and he felt the burning brimstone go aflame when he tightened his fist.

"I'm afraid we can't--"

"You can't what? Keep the responsibility of the one you hold so dearly alive? Those bullet wounds would have killed her in that status!" Nobunaga roared, the demonic edge of his voice had cut the atmosphere into horror as he growled. "I am your only hope to bringing Lady Judgment back, and yet you do absurd things to lessen the efficiency of this task."

If Nobunaga were to rule the Crowning Court in Caelisia, there would be a lot of executions at hand for incompetency. Nobunaga glared at the justices, his hand gripping on the hilt of his sword.

"Tell me one good reason why I am to only see her when she dreams." Nobunaga hissed.

"The higher council does not allow those outside of the ranks to be within her presence." They replied with hesitancy.

"Hmph. Absolutely foolish." Nobunaga spat. "This caste system is nothing but an absolute waste. Sometimes I wonder why it wasn't the Vanigahens who sought favor of the heavens. I bet they don't believe in such an absurd social construct."

The courts gasped. "How dare you--"

"Let me speak!" Nobunaga cut them off, his powerful persona had put him into a field of command. "Your selfish desires have caused this to happen. The only way to bring back Lady Judgment and set things straight in this region is to remove that restriction you have on me."

There were whispers again, and this time, another justice, Discernment, spoke up.

"See it that you'll be able to see her Ladyship no matter what. We ask forgiveness for our ignorance." He said to Nobunaga.

"Very well. I'll make sure Lady Judgment is never to be harmed again." Nobunaga felt a heavy weight lift off his shoulders, and soon he left the courts through a summoned portal that lead back to Earth – more specifically, (Y/N)'s room. It was a new sight for him to see, seeing the simple set up of a small home.

Nobunaga explored the room, looking through the pictures and the papers on her desk. He smiled at the sight of his lady smiling with what seemed to be friends and family around her in the picture frames. (Y/N) had taken another identity and lived a far more suitable life than her former – sometimes he wondered if he should really bring her back to the spirit realm.

"Meow." A noise came from above, and Nobunaga turned to see Jojo on the mattress of the top bunk. The black cat gave a stretch before hoping down from the bed and approaching him, poking his nose at the hem of Nobunaga's haori. Nobunaga bent down to inspect the cat, and Jojo looked up to inspect him as well.