The camera

Liesel was in shock.

"No, Lucas, please don't go" she begged to Lucas.

"Liesel, I don't want to go, to stay with you, but if I don't I do not know what would happen. They can do something to my family" Lucas swallowed. "Even they can do something to you" Liesel shook her head.

"You are the only one I have left"Liesel replied, holding back tears. Lucas gave her a sad smile, and placed gently his hand into Liesel's cheek.

"Don't worry, I'll come back, ja?" Liesel nodded. A little tear rolled down Liesel's cheek, and Lucas wiped it out.

- - -

~* July 27th, 1944*~

Day where Lucas left

Liesel was sitting next to Lucas in the stairs. The Friedrich mansion already started to build up again. They both stared at nothing. They were to sad to say nothing. Lucas was wearing the uniform of the Nazi party, and Liesel was wearing the same green dress she wore when the Führer came up.

"Lucas" Sarah said, from the kitchen. "It's time to go, honey" Liesel and Lucas stood up, and walked directly to the car. They headed to the Molching train station. When they arrived Sarah, Sophie, Lucas and Liesel walked over to the train that was heading to France, to the combat. Lucas had his backpack. The train was about to go. Sarah started to cry, and hugged Lucas.

"Please come back, son" Lucas nodded.

"I will, mama" They pulled away, and he smiled sadly to his mother. Then turned to little Sophie.

"Hey Sophie" he said, smiling sadly to her "Take care of mom, ja?" Sarah sobbed silently. Obviously little Sophie didn't know what was happening, but she nodded and hugged Lucas. Lucas hugged her back. Finally, it was Liesel's turn. Lucas looked at her, with sadness, and a tear rolled down her cheek.

"I got you something" Lucas said. Liesel smiled sadly. Lucas turned to his back pack. He took out a brown camera. He gave it to Liesel, and Liesel hold it carefully. "It's a camera" Lucas said "It's for you, to take photos of what happened when I wasn't here" Liesel smiled and hugged Lucas, and cried in his shoulder. Lucas pulled away, and kissed her in the lips. A gently and long kiss. With her puffy red eyes, and her wet cheeks Liesel said something that she heard a lot back in Himmel Street.

"Can you promise me something?" Liesel asked. Lucas nodded, holding back tears.

"Come home" Lucas smiled, and slowly turned away. He started walking to the train, and when he was in the stairs, he shouted back.

"I always do" and he disappeared inside the train. Liesel smiled, knowing that the jew also promised her the same thing. Knowing that her boyfriend would keep up the promise he made to her. Sarah cried, and so did Liesel. They cried together, and Liesel hold the camera in her hands. Back in Grande Street, she sat in the stairs, alone. She looked over to her left, knowing that the boy with the blue eyes wasn't there. She held the camera in her hands, and slowly, she lifted it up to her eyes. She saw the beautiful trees and flowers around, and took a photo. The photo sled into Liesel hands, and she ran inside. She grabbed a pen, and wrote in the back

The first day without you, and I still can't see the beauty in it.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\

Hey there beautiful people!

I'm sorry about this chapter. It is completely emotive, and I have to admit it, I cried writing this. I'm sorry if I made you cry.

So guys, I have been receiving a lot of positive comments about this story, but just from a few. I want to know your opinion!

Don't forget to comment/vote/share

Thank you!

After Dead™

All rights reserved to the author