Chapter Three: Thanks

After the 'lesson' Loki had given me, I started to pay more attention to him. I'd still use my laptop, but every 10 seconds I'd glance up to see that he was still there in his prison.

After about an hour, Loki started to get very bored. He started to tap on the glass prison to get my attention.

I quickly look up and ask "Y-yes, Loki?"

He smiles charmingly and says "I'm bored. Entertain me."

I quickly look around for something to entertain him.

"How about that thing you're playing with." Loki says pointing to my laptop.

I look down at it and an idea pops in my head.

"H-have you ever watched a movie?" I asked even though I knew the answer.

Loki gave me a puzzled look. "A movie? Is that another pathetic mortal contraption?"

I giggle a little and say "No. Its where there's a bunch of photographs taken and they're played together very fast so it looks like the pictures are moving."

His blue-green eyes light up. "Fascinating... ahem, I mean, well, it seems pretty pathetic." He says a little embarrassed.

I smile and move closer to the glass prison so he is able to see the screen. I pop in the movie Lilo and Stitch.

The movie plays and we both watch. The scene where Stitch says "Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind."

I cringe at the thought. Family... The thing I never had...

I look over to Loki and he has the same face. An angry, envious, and sad look.

He looks up an notices me staring and gets mad.

"What?! Stop staring at me you pathetic mortal!" He yells at me.

I look down with a slight blush. "S-sorry sir." I say quietly.

"I do not wish to continue watching this movie." He says looking away.

I nod and take my laptop back. I close the laptop and pull out the blankets and pillow. I set up where I was going to sleep and settled in.

I could hear Loki huffing. "You get sleeping supplies, but I don't?!"

I look over to him and nod. "Do you want to borrow one of mine?"

He laughs "There's no way I'd ever borrow the supplies of a pathetic mortal."

"Why do you look down on us mortals?" I ask him.

He looks at me shocked I had asked him that. He then says snobbishly "Well you mortals are so weak and underdeveloped. You die so quickly."

I think of his answer and say "But that doesn't mater. Everything dies eventually. Even you and your brother that are 'gods' will die eventually. Its just part of life. You shouldn't base the value on someone by their life span."

He glares at me and says "Why shouldn't I?! I can do what I want!"

I sigh and stop myself from continuing. I put my blanket over my and roll over, with my back to Loki.

I can hear him trying to settle in and get comfortable. I hear him mumbling to himself about not having a pillow nor blanket.

I sigh and get up, grab my extra pillow and blanket, and open the window to Loki's prison to give him them.

He stocks his nose up at it at first, then takes it.

I go back to bed and say "Your welcome."

"Hmph... As if I needed your help." He says and rolls over.

I roll my eyes and roll over as well.

"Thanks..." I hear him whisper.

I smile and say "Good night, Loki."