Chapter 18. My Kinda Night

🚨READ🚨RANT🚨I'm trying do hard to get everything in order. And then BOOM! I think things are going good and they go to shit. As for the people who say I just want attention, go jump in a hole. I love writing, I love wattpad, I've read a lot of y'all's stories and they're great! But I have a life outside of wattpad. My dad and I raise cattle, we have rescue horses, we sell hay, we have a farm. I have responsibilities. So don't diss me over not updating. Anywhoooo rant over! ☺️

Hope you enjoyed the last chapter and are excited for this one!!!🙈

Kitty's P.o.V❄️

I didn't know what to say as I looked around. There were so many antique iron lanterns with beautiful designs on them hanging for the trees. They cast dancing shadows on the trees, making it look like a fairytale. A cliché red and white checkered blanket was on ground next to little creek. We're were only a few feet away from the creek, giving the hot Georgia night a perfect chill. It was perfect. Everything a date should be.

I turned around and hugged him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He picked me up easily and hugged me back, making me melt on the inside, my heart wanting it to belong to him again, or, just Maybe it was his all along. "So, I guess I did ok then?" he ask, putting my down and I ran over to the blanket. My favorite food was there, a peach cobbler, he remembered something so small. My heart fluttered a bit at that. Funny how the little things like that make you happy ain't it? A matching checkered cloth was covering a tin bucket that had ice and something strong in it. I think.

"It's all so perfect. Everything is more than I could imagine." I spun around and giggled. I felt like a little girl. Well, not quite a little girl, but a girl in love." I say down and motioned Luke over.
"C'mon!" I was so giddy, I wasn't acting like a girl my age. I was gonna have fun with my best friend if it killed me. Then it hit me, I just called him my bestfriend. He was gonna be my bestfriend and boyfriend after tonight I hoped. How could you go from hating someone, to loving them? The only thing I could think of, is that I never stopped loving him. I never hated him, that I know I just try to tell myself that to justify what I did I guess. I just tried to make myself believe I hated him, that I wanted nothing to do with him. "Hey Luke?"

"Hey Kit." He said in his signature sarcasm.

"Did you ever m-" I cut myself off I didn't have the damn guts to ask him. "Do you wanna eat now? I'm starved."

He looked at me funny, but didn't question me. Then he cracked that perfect white smile, "I thought you'd never ask." He's always hungry, I smile to myself.

Maybe, just maybe it's not to late to be happy. I lost my mama, the reason I came back was for her. Then I lost her. That alone can sober a person up real fast and give you a shot of reality. I still had Luke, and his family, I wasn't going to lose them because of my stupidity. Hell, I even got Fisher too.

"Luke, promise me something." I said as I looked over at him. Why he had the affect he had on me, I don't know. I'll probably never know. He was about to make my say things my mind was telling me not, but my heart was winning.

"Sure, anything." He sobered up his expression and scooted closer to me and grabbed my hand.

"Don't ever leave me, and I promise I won't ever leave you. Even if we're never more than friends, well be here for each other. I leave my mom here anti regret it. I screw up, and I don't wanna do that again. You mean to much to me. I should have never done that to you Luke. I regret it every day." I just poured my damn heart out. But that's okay, 'cause I know he cares too. The question is how much?

He just sat there and looked at me for a few minutes. Does he not care? Had I said to much. I-"Omph!"
I was laying on the blanket under Luke who was grinning like the Cheshire Cat, after he had successfully pushed me over. He hovered over me grinning, propped up on his elbows.

"Kitty darlin', you don't know how long I've waited to hear you say that, that you cared all this time. it's all I've wanted to hear since I left." It was the happiest I've ever heard his voice and his eyes lit up as he said it. Is it possible to fall in love with someone all over again?

I laughed and put my hands on his chest, making the look so small and pushed him off of me to the left. Where we were left laying on our backs looking up at the southern sky, laying quietly holding one another. All the stars were out shining brightly. As if celebrating loving coming together, my homecoming, Luke's break into fame. Maybe all three.

For once in my life, I feel like it might all work out. That love is really real. That I might just make it through, with the help of Luke. "I think I can make it though with you by my side." I whisper as we listen to the crickets sing their song of the night and the creek babble.

"Kit, with you I think I can survive this roller coaster they call fame." He whispers back, I look over at him and see him watching me. An impulse takes over and I reach over and touch his face and he pulls me to him. He leans in and plants a sweet soft kiss on my lips. "I love you."

"And I love you." I whisper back.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Snowed today in my part of NC. So I stayed in and wrote! What y'all think? I thought what Luke did for her was amazing and they were so sweet and I just love this chapter!

Oh and I got the idea for the date cause last month my amazing, lovely, sweet boyfriend done the same thing for me. Except we decked out in the bed of his truck ☺️❤️ Talk about making me feel love!

⚠️VOTE and COMMENT⚠️ (if ya liked it) also FOLLOW 💋