💫chapter 1💫

Helena's POVI looked at all the beautiful scenery around me as we sailed closer to New York

Helena's POV
I looked at all the beautiful scenery around me as we sailed closer to New York. Newt was beside me with his briefcase in his lap. A lock on the luggage suddenly flipped open, meaning a beast was trying to escape. Newt was quick to catch this and secured the lock.
"Again?" I giggled, knowing which beast it was making a ruckus.
"He doesn't seem to want to listen to me." Newt claimed, amused. I rested the side of my head against the briefcase.
"Dougal, settle down now, please. It won't be long." I reassured the beast. A grumble was heard after, but the rustling noises stopped. I sat back upright and smiled triumphantly.
"Mummy's boy." Newt teased the demiguise. I giggled again. Once we had made our way off the boat and into customs, we were greeted by an official. He took our passports and checked them.
"British, huh?" He asked, though the answer was obvious.
"Yes." Newt responded, softly.
"First trip to New York?"
"Yes." I replied, giving the official a quick smile.
"Anything edible in there?" He questioned, pointing to Newt's briefcase. It was the only luggage we brought since it was more than enough room to fit everything we needed.
"No." Newt answered, shaking his head.
"Livestock?" I licked my lips and bit down on the bottom one, averting eye contact from the official. The click of a lock going loose caused us all to look down at the case. I don't think it was Dougal that time, I told him to stop. Perhaps Niffler or the Murtlap. Newt reached down and snapped the lock back in place.
"Must get that fixed. Um...no." Newt answered. The official looked over to me. I let out a soft laugh and nodded, agreeing with Newt.
"Let me take a look." The official demanded, a bit suspicious. Newt and I glanced at each other before he put the case on the table that separated us from the official. He flipped a little switch on the side of one of the locks, making the luggage "muggle worthy". The official opened the case to see two pairs of pajamas, a book with a magnifying glass on top of it, a watch, Newt's Hufflepuff scarf, and my Ravenclaw one.
"Welcome to New York." The official concluded, closing the case. Newt quickly took the case back and I grabbed our passports. New York's streets were crowded with anxious people, rushing and rushing. I looked up out of the corner of my eye, Newt was so much different than them. He took in every single building, every car that passed by. I smiled, admiring his daydreamy expression.
"This great city sparkles with the jewels of man's inventions. Movie theaters, automobiles, the wireless, electric lights, all dazzle and bewitch us." A woman's shouting caused me to look away from my best friend and to look in the direction of a bank. On the steps in front of the building, there was a crowd listening to the woman. As we made our way to the crowd, Newt accidentally bumped into a woman eating a hot dog.
"So sorry." He rushed an apology as we continued our way through.
"But where there is light, there is shadow, friend. Something is stalking our city. Wreaking destruction and then disappearing without a trace! We have to fight! Join us, the Second Salemers, in our fight." The woman continued shouting as we made it to the front of the crowd. Newt had set down his briefcase to his side, I was standing on his other side. Suddenly, a man with black hair tripped over it, landing hard on the ground with a thump. I gasped and rushed over to help the man.
"So sorry. My case." Newt apologized, picking the case up. Once the man was up, l let go of him.
"No harm done. Thank you, miss. Excuse me." He grunted as he gave us a quick smile, then hurried up the steps of the bank.
"You, friends." The woman pointed at us. We looked up in confusion.
"What drew you to our meeting today?" She asked, walking down a step from the stairs she was standing on.
"Oh, we were just passing." Newt stuttered, giving a polite smile.
"Are you seekers? Seekers after truth?" The woman continued to press.
"I'm more of a chaser, really." Newt responded. I let out a soft laugh at his quidditch joke. She stopped dwelling on us after that.
"Hear my words. And heed my warning. And laugh if you dare. Witches live among us! We have to fight together for the sake of our children! For the sake of tomorrow!" She preached.
"What do you say to that, friends?" She once again drew her attention to us. Newt furrowed his brows, not really paying attention to her anymore. He looked down at his case, noticing it felt a bit lighter. I knew what that meant, so I looked around to try and spot the missing beast. It didn't take long for me to see Niffler, rummaging through a poor man's hat that contained some coins. Niffler made eye contact with me and quickly ran away.
"Excuse me." I rushed out as I ran up the stairs. Newt followed. When I made it into the bank, I halted completely, looking through the sea of people, trying to spot the little pest. I felt Newt bump into me, not expecting me to stop so suddenly.
"S-sorry." He stuttered, I paid no mind. We needed to find Niffler.
"Can I help you?" A worker asked as he walked over to us. I blinked, not sure how to respond. He couldn't exactly help us with our problem.
"No, we were just-we were just waiting." Newt lied, grabbing my waist and gently guiding me over to a bench in the corner. We sat down and started looking around anxiously. I turned to my right to see the man with black hair from earlier. He noticed me as well.
"Oh, hi." He greeted with a warm smile.
"Hello." I quickly replied, giving him an even quicker smile. I then returned to looking around the bank with Newt. 
"What brings you two here?" He asked, now acknowledging Newt.
"Same as you." Newt lied once again, barely paying attention to the man. Neither of us really were.
"You're here to get a loan to open up a bakery?" He questioned with an eyebrow raised.
"Yes." We both replied absentmindedly.
"What are the odds of that?" The man asked himself. Newt leaned behind him and seemed to spot the Niffler.
"Well, may the best-." The man said, offering his hand to shake.
"Excuse me." Newt sped off the bench with his briefcase. I was about to as well, but stopped myself.
"Good luck to you." I said, shaking the man's hand, then ran to catch up with Newt. I didn't notice something falling out of my pocket, though.

Jacob's POV
"Hey, hey, miss!" I tried to get her attention, but she was long gone. Those two are so strange.
"Mr. Kowalski, Mr. Bingley will see you now." Mr. Bingley's assistant shouted. I looked at the weird egg the lady had dropped, then put it in my pocket. I had enough worries at the moment, I didn't need to add that to the list. I exhaled, trying to calm my nerves, then walked into the room.

Helena's POV
We pushed past several people as Niffler jumped from one shiny thing to the next, stuffing everything in his pouch. He jumped on a cart that had a bag of coins on it. We watched as the cart was taken downstairs to the vaults.
"Newt, we shouldn't go down there." I stated.
"We must. Can't let him roam free. He'll steal everything shiny in sight." Newt argued.
"Hey! Mr. English Guy! I think your egg is hatching!" We turned to see the same black haired man holding up an Occamy egg that was, indeed, hatching. I looked back and forth between the, now closed, elevator doors that contained Niffler and the man who I accidentally left in charge of an Occamy egg. Before I could think of a solution, Newt pulled his wand out and used it to pull the man closer to us. Once he reached us, Newt apparated the three of us down to the stairs of the vaults.
"What just happened?!" The baker man quietly, shockingly, asked. Newt shushed him and took the egg into his hands. The shell began to crack and a baby Occamy appeared. I sighed, happily. Newt looked at me, that child-like wonder in his eyes, and I returned the same gaze. He nodded, telling us to follow him down the steps. We did so, the baker man still in shock. Newt placed his case down, flicking open the locks.
"I'll take it. Get it comfortable in its new home." I suggested, gesturing my hands out to Newt. He tilted his head to me, no emotion at first, but his lips grew into a sweet smile. He handed me the egg and fully opened the case. I stepped into the case and waked down the steps that led to the shed. Once I made it down, Dougal grabbed my leg and hugged it. I giggled, then looked up to see two mooncalfs come into the shed. They made their way towards me and started dancing around my feet. With me distracted, Dougal attempted to climb up my back and escape up the stairs, but I caught him by the leg.
"Don't you even try it, mister." I warned him, but he continued trying to climb the stairs.
"Dougal, don't make me come down there. Listen to mummy." Newt gave him another warning. Dougal huffed and climbed back down to the floor of the shed. The Fwooper then came flying in and swirled around me. Then, the Diricawls came in, disappearing a reappearing. They all started making noise, wanting the leave the case and explore the outside.
"Shh. Shoo. Out of the shed." I waved my hand, pointing to the door. Some made their way out, but others protested.
"Everyone settle down." Newt told them. I continued guiding them out of the shed, till every creature was out. I, then, looked back up at Newt, giving him an appreciative smile. He gave me one back, then shut the case. I made my way to the table, placing the Occamy down to examine it. Dougal appeared on a stool, leaning his elbows on the table, intrigued.
"Hello there, naughty." I teased. He hid his face behind his arms, a bit shameful. I giggled and rubbed his head.
"Wanna help me out here?" I asked. His head perked up and he nodded.
"Alright then. Can you get me some supplies?"

Newt's POV
Pickett pointed at the Niffler making its way past a vault. I stood up and took out my wand, pointing it at the vault.
"Absolutely not. Alohomora." The vault began to open and just as it did, another voice popped up.
"Oh, so you're gonna steal the money, huh?" A man with white hair said, then pressed a button on the side of the wall. An alarm started to blare, meaning security would surely be down here soon.
"Petrificus totalus." I said, pointing my wand at the man and paralyzing him. That would keep him from getting in the way.
"Mr. Bingley!" The muggle called out, shocked. I looked back at the vault, it was fully open, so I rushed in to find the Niffler. I saw it in the middle of shoving a gold bar into its pouch.
"Really?" I sighed, looking at the creature. I grabbed it, then put it upside down. Loads of coins and gold bars came pouring out of its pouch. It leaned up, trying to stop the flood of money, but I tickled it, leading it to give up. Stomping brought my attention away from the Niffler and to the stairs that security was charging down. The muggle started yelling, "Don't shoot!", but before any of them had the chance, I grabbed Niffler, my case, and the man, and apparated out of the bank and into an alley.
"For the last time, you pilfering pest, paws off what doesn't belong to you." I scolded as I opened my case and dropped the Niffler in it. I closed the case, then brought my attention to the muggle.
"Awfully sorry about that." I apologized, standing up and putting down my case.
"What the hell was that?" He questioned, clinging onto the wall behind him.
"Nothing that need concern you. Now, unfortunately, you have seen far too much. If you wouldn't mind, if you just stand there, this'll be over in a jiffy." I said, pulling out my wand, preparing to obliviate him. The next thing I feel is his briefcase hit my head and knock me to the ground. He runs away, muttering a quick, "Sorry." I got up, rubbing the back of my head.
"Bugger."