Queen of the Damned

Queen of the Damned is a 2002 Australian-American horror movie and a loose adaption of the third novel of Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles series, The Queen of the Damned, although the film contains  many plot elements from the novel's predecessor, The Vampire Lestat.

It starts Aaliyah as the vampire queen Akasha and Stuart Townsend as the vampire Lestat.

Queen of the Damned was released six m after Aaliyah's death and is dedicated to her memory.

Cast:

Aaliyah as Queen Akasha

Stuart Townsend as Lestat

Marguerite Moreau as Jesse

Vincent Perez as Marius

Lena Olin as Maharet

Plot:

Lestat recalls how he was turned into a vampire by Marius and how he awoke Akasha, the first vampire with his music. Unsatisfied with what she read, Jesse tracks Lestat down to a London vampire club (The Admiral's Arms) where he saves her from the three vampires and confronts her about Marius.

Lestat is visited by Marius who warns him that the other vampires will not tolerate his flamboyant public profile. Marius reveals that Akasha has awakened due to Lestat's music and begs him to cancel his concert, but he refuses.

Akasha who was searching for Lestat arrives at the Admiral's Arms. After the vampires reveal the plan to kill Lestat at his concert, Akasha torches the club and kills all the vampires inside.

With Marius' help, Akasha bursts through the stage and takes Lestat with her. Akasha brings Lestat to her new home, where the two vampires mutually feed on one another, during the time Lestat becomes spellbound by Akasha and is forced to obey her, and Akasha proclaims Lestat her new king.

Knowing Akasha's plan to take over  the world, the Ancient Vampires discuss the plans to destroy the Queen by drinking from her and draining her of her blood. However, they believe that whoever drinks the Queen's last drop will not survive.

Empowered by Akasha's blood, Lestat and the Queen confront the Ancient Vampires. When they refuse to join her, Akasha commands Lestat to kill Jesse as the Queen sees her both as an enemy, due to being Maharet's descendant and as food, with Akasha making an example out of her for those who dare disobey her command. Lestat obeys, but after drinking Jesse's blood, comes his senses and releases from Akasha's power.

He angrily requests for his crown and Akasha openly gives him her arm to feed on. Lestat turns on her and begins to drain Akasha's blood

With the help of the Ancient Vampires, Akasha's power diminishes. Maharet is the last to drink Akasha's blood, killing her.

Lestat goes to Jesse and cradling her to his arms, gives her his blood as Maharet turns into a marble statue and sleeps, becoming the new "Queen of the Damned".