Chapter Eight: King of My Heart

When Tasha woke up, she squinted her eyes as the sun shone in through the blinds on the window. She sighed, moving slightly until she felt a strong hand gripping her hip. She froze, surprised Rafe was still laying with her. She looked up, and to her surprise once more, she found Rafe was actually sleeping.

Good God, he's handsome when he sleeps.

Tasha moved her one hand so she could caress his face, wanting to memorize every detail she could. She smiled as she felt him move a little bit, holding her closer. "Good morning."

"Morning." Rafe said quietly, slowly opening his eyes.

For a moment the two just stared at each other, quietly admiring the other. Tasha felt her cheeks heat up as she leaned closer to him. Rafe didn't pull away, nor did he move closer, he stayed perfectly still, his hot breath fanning her face. Tasha's lips were so close to his, she felt drunk from his presence.

*knock*

*knock*

"OPEN UP LOVEBIRDS!"

Tasha rushed to the door angrily, ready to hit whoever ruined the moment. "What?! What do you want, Sam?!" She opened the door, glaring at the man who was smirking.

"Good morning to you too, beautiful." He glanced into the room, and noticed Rafe was standing by the desk now wearing only sweatpants. "Oh, did I interrupt— Ow!"

Tasha punched his chest, groaning in annoyance as she stalked back into the room. "Fuck off, Sam. I'm taking a shower."

Once she had gone into the bathroom, Sam smirked at Rafe. "So, did you two—"

"Fuck you." Rafe glared at Sam.

"With the amount you flirt with her, I'd think you'd have better game than that, man."

Before Rafe could reply the bathroom door was flung open and Tasha walked out in a towel, impatiently looking at the two men.

"Well, hello, princess." Sam smirked at her.

"Rafe," Tasha ignored Sam's presence completely. "Can you pass me my bag?"

Rafe carried the bag over to her, smirking slightly when he looked inside of it. Tasha slapped his chest before shutting the bathroom door.

•••

"Tasha! Slow down!"

Tasha was running through the corridor of the crypt they found, wanting to be the first to discover the treasure. "Bite me, Rafe!"

Rafe sighed in frustration. He had tried to convince Sam and Nathan not to let Tasha tag along after the incident the other day, but Tasha was stubborn and wouldn't listen. So here he was, worried sick about the most reckless girl he had ever met.

"I think I found it!"

Tasha ran into a room, a pedestal in the middle held a box which she assumed inside would be the treasure.

"Tasha, wait—!" Nathan yelled at her, but was too late.

Tasha's eyes widened as a clear door fell from the ceiling, cutting her off from the others. She looked around the room worriedly as she heard the faint yells of her friends. She felt the ground become wet as water soaked through her shoes. Tasha then noticed water was seeping up from the drains that surrounded the room.