Haze of light and Dark

The world lightened, but not in the same place as before. I awoke to the bright light above me, I tried to adjust my eyes to see if I could find out where I was. When my eyes finally adjusted to the brightness I looked around to see a small room with baby blue walls, I noticed a lot of tools, like something you would use for surgery. My mind was still processing where I was and what had happened, until it occurred to me, the day before, all the hostages and the officers. Although it still hadn't hit me yet that I got shot and my arm was slit wide open. When I tried to sit up in the bed my back started to ache and my arms felt as though they were burning, slowly burning into ash. I gasped as the pain was sudden and didn't leave, as it kept stringing up my arm, just like, the dark energy, the dark haze. Now I remembered, the haze of darkness that started hundreds of years ago in a man named Jonathan Cardinia. He was an ordinary man, that was until he found out he had a haze, when you first get your haze you choose your path of light or darkness. One minute your fine and then the next you pass out and see a vision, a vision of a bright world, and all the good you do, or, a dark world where you can have all the power you want, nothing will stop you. Jonathan wanted to do good and choose the lightness, for everyone. However a week later his mom was murdered. Jonathan went on a warpath and chose the dark world so he control who died and who didn't. That's why all these people have the dark haze inside them, as they now know since Jonathan showed them the key to the darkness. Jonathan ruled a vicious leader, killing all who disobeyed. Now it was painful for people to deliver themselves from the temptation of picking the dark side. That is why there are so many people that try to use me. Although there was a woman a long time ago, just one year older than Jonathan. They were friends as kids but became enemies as Jonathan became rogue. The woman was named Amanda Walleiris, she was powerful enough to resist the temptation of going to the dark side even when bad things happened to her. She fought against Jonathan to stop him from what evil has become of him. That when evil controls you, it slowly destroys you as it takes over you until you finally lose control. Like a demon trying to possess you, there are those who will give in to the eternal torment of being trapped inside of a invaded body. I could now hear the loud beeping of the heart rate monitor as all this about the torture and haze of death, I didn't want this to happen, I lost control back there, and now I am also infected. A woman grabbed me, forcing me to snap out of this frightening thought, I didn't realize that I was still in a hospital. As the woman yelled to me to wake up and that I was okay, I drifted out of this thought and swung up smashing my head into the woman's. 

"Ah, oh my goodness, you scared me" she said with her voice shaking. 

"I'm sorry" I said to the lady as she stood next to me rubbing her now bruised head. 

"It's okay, did you hurt your head?" She asked. I was still slightly lost in the thought of yesterday, where are they, all those people, did they get hurt. 

"Uh, what, oh, no, i'm fine. miss." I said as I looked blankly into her name-tag on her white shirt, the whole world felt as though it was spinning as I squinted looking into her name-tag. 

"Shiami" she says as she looked at me as though I was a close friend, just like the old man looked at me, "You can call my Shiami."

 "Right" I said still thinking about the dark haze, I didn't even notice that Shiami was talking to me.

 "Um, are you alright?" Shiami asked. 

"Sorry, what?" I said still unaware of what was happening. 

"hmm?" "Maybe she has trauma" Shiami muttered under her breath. 

"Wait, what?" "I'm fine!" I almost yelled to Shiami, she looked at me in fear and breathed heavily. I tried to lift my arm to tell her I was sorry but I noticed a clinging and metal feeling on my right wrist. I looked down to my wrist, when I looked down I saw a pair of silver, metal cuffs chaining me to the hospital bed. I stared down into the cuff, why would they cuff me. Shiami saw me staring at the cuffs and said