WTS • XX

[ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴏᴄɪᴇᴛʏ]

" B E T T Y  C O O P E R "
- I N S T A G R A M 
I N F L U E N C E R/ M O D E L  -

after i finished applying my makeup, i propped my phone up on my mirror. it was a wednesday, which means i have to go live. just as i pulled up instagram, my doorbell rang.

i stood up and walked to the door. when i opened it, one of the garage operators stood there. "hi. is everything alright?" 

"yes, miss cooper, everything is fine. jughead jones wanted to drop this off." he replied.

he held up a pastry bag and an ice coffee—same thing he brought me yesterday. "he said he was running late to work, so he had to get it delivered, but he wanted to drop it off."

"thank you." i smiled.

he nodded and walked down the hallway. i looked at the goodies from the local coffee shop and smiled to myself.

when i arrived in my bedroom, i grabbed my phone and went to jughead's contact to send him a text.

thank you for the delivery :) <3 

i sat my phone back against my mirror and laughed softly.

i started the live.

smile brighter.

and...

3...

2...

1...

i smiled brightly and chuckled. "hi."

and people started joining by the second. the comments flooded with emojis and people saying hi.

i took a drink of my coffee. "happy wednesday everyone. i hope everyone's having a great day so far."

my eyes skimmed the comments for something to feed off of.

I LOVE YOU BETTY

hi from asia!

you're so pretty, i can't

"asia?" i beamed. "well, hi from new york."

one comment caught my eye.

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT. her coffee cup says jughead on it....OMG DO YOU THINK HE BOUGHT HER COFFEE? can you hear me crying? i ship them so hard. #bughead

i looked down at my cup and spun it, so my palm was covering the label casually, of course. "is anyone doing anything fun today?"

as i looked through the comments for reply's to my question, i briefly looked over the hatful ones.

lmao, y'all are dumb. no one wants to date shit like her. fuck off.

can she just kill herself?

"hey guys!!!!" fakest smile i've ever seen...

bitch YOU'RE FUCKING FAKE

you're just a twenty year old with a couple thousand followers, not a big deal. get over yourself.

my phone buzzed and my eyes looked to the top of the screen. a message from jughead.

of course, love. nickname okay? text you in a bit...got a meeting in a few x

i smiled at the text. even though i've only known him for a few weeks, i already trusted him more than anyone i've ever known.

i turned my attention back to the live video. "did i mention we've got upcoming photoshoot pictures coming out?" i smiled. "and new ones to come."

later at seven o'clock, i was working on my merchandise when my phone buzzed. i picked it up to see a text from jughead. we'd been texting back and forth while he was at work and he got off an hour ago.

just got off...wanna come over for dinner?

i smiled at the gesture. as much as i appreciated that someone cared about me, i knew jughead and i were very different from each other.

clinginess was something i could tell would already be an issue.

since i've never really had a large friend group.

or family.

it's been hard for me to connect with people. hard for me to hang out with people.

i preferred to keep myself isolated and as far away from everyone as i could.

expect my supporters.

i could never get away from them.

why don't i stop posting? you may ask.

even if i was to, my life is still out there. everything i've ever done in public. everything i've ever said.

i looked down at my phone. it'd been two minutes since he texted me. i sighed as i typed out my reply.

hope work was good. :) not feeling great. okay if i come over another night? <3

i turned back to my laptop that i was using right after i sent it. i was in my actual office, not just my office in my house complex. i glanced down at my phone only to see he already responded.

yeah, of course. just text me when you wake up, yeah? catching a movie with ron instead—rom com that's totally her choice—, it'll be late when i get back :( xx

i smiled softly at the text. i truly admired that he'd do anything for the people he cared about. it was clear he hated watching all the rom coms, but because veronica liked them, he did it for her.

i turned my phone off and flipped it over. i hated these times when i was alone, but also cherished them. i turned off my computer and pulled my legs up to my chest.

i picked up my phone when it started ringing. i frowned when i saw who it was. i slowly brought it to my ear. "hi, polly."

"betty, hey. i know we aren't exactly on great terms after last time we met, but you really need to come back home." my older sister, polly, spoke.

i put my feet on the floor. "is everything okay?"

"no, actually." she broke down in tears and i heard someone shushing her in the background. "it's mom. she has cancer and isn't going to make it out alive."

my lips parted slightly and my head started to get heavy. "betty, betty. you there?" polly's muffled voice asked.

i started to waver slightly in my chair as i pushed myself to stand up. my hand fell from my ear and my phone fell out of my hand. i took one step before i collapsed on the floor.

sorry it took me so long to update. i was having a bit of writers block, but i'm back now! ♥️