Chapter 4: My Little Inu

Kaneko woke up to the stop of her heart as her mind sped to the possibility of the events of the night before being a dream.  "INU!" she yelled as she awoke, Kaneko looking next to her and seeing the spot empty, Tamashi having gone to work.  But suddenly Kaneko heard a familiar voice from the front of the room.  

A small squeak and a "WHOA" preceded a small thud as Kaneko looked over, seeing a white tuft of hair disappear behind the foot of their bed.  Kaneko looked surprised before smiling in relief, chuckling as she got up, crawling to the edge of the bed.  There Inu lay, face flat on the ground as he attempted to get up, tangled in one of Kanekos dresses he decided to try on.

Kaneko beamed with a giggle "good morning Inu.  Might I ask what you're doing my little one?" She smiled as she got up from the bed, going over to pick him up.  

Inu looked down, embarrassed as Kaneko picked him up and put him in her lap, Kaneko sitting on the floor with him.  "I wanted to look like mommy" he said, playing with the dress that was strewn over his pajamas nervously.  "cause mommy looks really pretty in dresses" he shrugged.

Kaneko beamed and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead "oh sweetheart" she giggled, "you are so sweet, you know that?" she smiled, pushing back his wild hair.  "But I think you look incredibly handsome in whatever you wear.  You don't need to wear mommies cloths for that"

Inu looked down at the dress "but... I want to be like you mommy" he said before looking up, his wide eyes filled with slight sadness and adorable childish curiosity.  

Kaneko couldn't help but have a smile slide across her face, a small tear coming from her eyes.  "well..." she began, wiping the tear as she reached over to a pile of freshly folded clothes she had put out for the day for him.  Setting them to the side before beginning to remove the straps of the dress and helping him change.  "I think that's very sweet Inu.  But to be honest, I don't want you to be like me" she said as she focused on getting him changed.

Inu moved as he was led, allowing her to put him into a fresh pair of clothes.  "Why is that mommy?" he pouted adorably, one ear drooping to the side as his head tilted in his usual questioning position.  

"Because Inu..." she stopped, putting her hands to the floor and leaning forwards, closer to him as she ran a hand through his weightless hair.  "Than you wouldn't be you" she lightly tapped his nose as he giggled, Kaneko joining him with a small chuckle before putting one last piece of clothing on him.  "There, all done.  Now you look just like my cute and perfect little boy"  She kissed his nose before nuzzling it lightly and getting up.  "Come on, let's go get some breakfast" She grunted as she lifted him up onto her hip, Inu hugging her tightly as he cuddled into her chest.

"I love you mommy" he beamed before yawning sweetly. 

"I love you too my little Inu"