Chapter 13: Blood for Blood

Cas pulls the other table with the different torture devices on it. Dean's chains shiver as he presses himself against the wall, trying to get away from the angel. "Cas, I'm into some kinky stuff, but I'm really not into torture," Dean argues, his voice shaking a bit with fear.

"This is called bloodletting," Cas looks at Dean while picking up a scalpel. "This is extremely sharp. You might not even feel the cuts. Now that you're a vampire, you can't die if I bleed you out, only if I cut off your head. I will still try my best, especially because we don't know exactly how to get this out of you. We don't know how deep the transformation goes, and I'm hoping it's only to the blood."

"Cas, this is great and all, but what are you going to do when all my blood is gone? If I change back into a human, I'll die of blood loss." Dean says, trying to bring some logic to the situation.

"Dean, I can bring you back, but I'm going to also transfuse blood into you as I drain you." Cas moves another machine closer and a hospital pole. He walks over to a hidden refrigerator, pulling out bags of blood matching Dean's blood type. "I was prepared."

"I see that," Dean says, raises an eyebrow, "what exactly is this place, Cas? I never even knew you had a hideout."

"Well, I don't really have a place to live, but I found this abandoned building and no one owns it, so I took it. It's far enough out that I can do what I need and I'll never be disturbed. It's also difficult to get away from." Cas explains, nonchalant.

"Cas, you have a home... with me, in the bunker. That's why we gave you a room. Our home is your home." Dean's voice breaks a little, trying to get the angel to understand.

"I... really, Dean? You mean it?" He walks over to Dean, the scalpel still in his hand. Dean eyes it, warily, and Cas notices, hiding it behind his back. "I have a home with you?"

"You'll always have a home with me, Cas." Dean chokes out, tears immediately welling in his eyes.

"Thank you, Dean," Cas says, a bright smile gracing his face. The moment passes in an instant as reality sets in. "We have to stop delaying this."

"I Know! I just... fine. You're right, I'm just being a little bitch about it. Let's do this!" Dean braces for the first of the many cuts.

Cas takes the blade and cuts up the center of Dean's right arm, then the left. The blood flows immediately, and Dean doesn't seem to notice he was cut until he feels the warm liquid begin to drip down his body. Castiel makes two more long, quick cuts down Dean's chest, making him hiss, as his fangs extend, the smell of blood causing him to fight against the chains again. This, in turn, makes the blood flow faster from the wounds.

Cas takes notice that the wounds are not healing as fast as a normal vampire. Assuming it could be from the fact that his blood is running through Dean, he counts it as a win. He runs the knife down the front of both legs next, watching the blood pour out of those new cuts. Coating his finger with Dean's blood, Cas samples it. At the current time, he notes that Dean's blood is swarming with the vampiric affliction.

Monitoring the still fighting Dean, he watches as the blood slows slightly. He walks over to the wall, grabbing a hose. Turning the water on, he tests to make sure it warm. "I don't want him to go into shock if that's even possible for a vampire," Cas says to himself, his hand in the now warm water.

He turns the hose on Dean, making him growl animalistically. This also makes the blood flow faster, the wounds cleaned out of the congealing agent. Finally, Dean starts to slow his fight, a few moments later, he's sagging in the restraints. Cas tastes his blood again, but the strain is still strong. Sighing in frustration, he knows he has to replenish Dean's blood, walking over to the transfusion machine.

After letting the wounds close up, he inserts the tubes into Dean and hangs the bags of blood onto the pole. Turning the machine on, he puts a sleep spell on him. Cas teleports from the room and shows up in the motel room Sam is in.