The New House :3

I will never forget this story of mine when i was nine. This is the most exciting experience that seized me in awe even for the rest of my living years of existence, I suppose. I am obviously enthralled by this that as years passed and the days grew older for me, whenever I recall this experience, it reminds me of how wondrous and awesome a child's innocency could be. I wish I could just counter the clock's hands and watch the replay of it while munching some popcorns as I enjoy the 3D effects of my own old show.

T'was a warm spring afternoon on October and the sun's been hovering upon me as I tread down the road to our new home from a long boring & weary class at my now neighbouring school. I honestly wanted to ditch from school to help my mum do some unloading & unpacking of stuffs since we just moved in three days before that day. Well, actually its just my sweet & humble reason of saying "I want to lazy-out the whole day in my room, do nothing but sleep, eat, & sleep."

I heard the creeking sound of the tall & huge rusted gate as it swung open and swallowed me in. Warm fresh air of the hot afternoon greeted me as I entered the place. I saw the fallen dried leaves scattered by the wind on our new wide lawn whilst trees such as santol, jackfruit (langka), star-apple, and this gigantic acacia tree that i think had stood there mightily for almost a hundred year or more already were all dancing gracefully while its leaves create a harmonious serene sound as it was swayed by the wind. They were actually the friendly habitat of those nestling country birds who were chirping on mornings and afternoons and never failed to woke me up. At the center of the lawn stood grandiosely our two story house, an old mahogany spanish style house that aged for almost as old as that acacia tree and here I am standing in awe in front of it, appreciating its untouched artistry and magnificency. This beauty must cost a billion now.

I walked to the front porch of the house and turned the knob of the door. I smiled. Excitement flushed on my face as I pushed the door open. But a gloom feeling welcomed me inside. Then silence filled the room. Windows were shut and darkness crept on my skin. Where's mum? Where's dad? Where's my siblings? Where's everyone? Heck, perhaps they aren't home.

I clamber up the stairs and went to my room, by the way it's a big house, we've got own rooms just for ourselves except mum & dad, they share the biggest room of the house, of course. I jumped to bed and never bothered to change my school uniform and drowned fast into a deep sleep. Suddenly a whisper woke me up. It was vague that I haven't had the chance to configure what it said. I wanted to go back to sleep but just as I covered my eyes with my lids, I spotted something on my peripheral version a something gray and imprecise figure passed by on the hallway at my door. It was fast though but I am certain enough that it conforms a human figure. I sat up on my bed and peeped outside the window. The sun's still up but dusk is about to appear on sight. I clamber out of bed sluggishly & decided to seek that person i just saw since sleep has been robbed already on me. I called out of my mum in a slight shout so they would hear me if ever anyone's home already. But Im pretty sure someone must be home now because my sister's favorite TPGS Volume 40 book that I kept in my drawer was left open on the mini center table as I looked down from the hallway of the second floor. I wonder if she read it again for the nth time.

Slowly, I stepped down the stairs to open the lights. I called out again for my sister yet no one answered. I head to the kitchen to look for something to eat but nothing good in there. I opened the fridge, but then suddenly felt that someone had just walked down the hall. So I hurriedly closed the fridge's door hoping I might caught it but alas, I didn't. This time, I felt goosebumps and my skin's hair were panicking tremendously. As a kid, I've never been a neurotic or a scarebaby, instead I used to be the one who do pranks to my cousins who're same as my age but don't get me wrong, I'm not what you think like a bully.