Save Me- Part 4

I stood at the tip of the bow shivering against the breeze, my heart hammering against my chest. You would think I would jump in quickly, but I was literally frozen. I looked out at him and smiled slightly, wrapping my arms around myself.

"You're starring!" I called out to him.

"Then just get in before I make you!" He yelled back, taking a stroke towards me.

I looked down at the water hesitantly, praying it wasn't to cold. With one last nervous glance at Jake I threw my arms over my head and jumped in the air, diving into the black.

I lived in the water, and I say that with no exaggeration. Jacob was actually the first person to really get me to swim, and now I'm on a national team in the winter.

It took deep strokes to get to where I wanted, but finally I popped up right behind him, locking my legs around his waist while clinging to his shoulders.

"Ta-Da" I whispered in his ear with a giggle.

"You kept me waiting" He whispered back, turning his head slightly. His lips were inches from mine- I thought I would hyperventilate. Was he leaning in? Or did my imagination just want him too. Probably the second one. No! His lips! Look where they are.

He smiled slightly, breathing out. His lips were so close to mine... I could feel his hot breath tingle across my own lips.

"Tickle monster!!" He cried, twisting around in a tack mode with his wiggling fingers. I flailed in the water, desperately trying to get away from him.

"Jerk!'' I screamed, pushing him away laughing.

"Mia thought I was going to kiss her? GASP!" He mocked me.

I splashed water into his face. "Oh shut up"

"Well I wa-" He started, until a beam of light flashed right in our direction.

"Who's out there?" The voice commanded on a small motor boat nearing the other side of ours.

I shuddered. Lake Patrol? Really?

"Teenagers" The man muttered, his motor boat approaching us, until he was side by side, and cut off the engine.

"Uh Hi officer" Jacob said treading water wincing from the beaming light. He positioned himself in front of me slightly, as if shielding me from the man.

"Son, do you and your little lady know what time it is?" He asked starring down at him with a flashlight aimed at his face

"No sir I am afraid we don't." He answered calmly

"No swimming past dusk. It's 10:04 PM. Last time I checked, that's night time." He said raising his eyebrows once.

"I'm sorry sir, we will get out now, and you don't have to worry about a thing." He replied, reaching for my hand to pull me towards the boat. I felt completely helpless and utterly embarrassed to be seen like this.

"Not so fast" The man said again. "There is also a rule against teen's driving with out a boating license with out an adult. Do either of you have one?"

We both shook our heads silently.

"And I'm going to assume you both are under the age of eighteen..." He said, smirking from what I could tell. Was this a thrill of his job?

Again, we shook our heads.

"Then the owner of the boat must come with me." He said crossing his arms.

"It's mine. This was my idea." I quickly butt in before Jacob could take the blame. He had enough troubles...I couldn't let his parents grind him for this. I couldn't let his dad find out.

"Oh is that so?" He raised his left eyebrow curiously, aiming his flashlight right at my face.

"Mia-"Jake started to say but I quickly interrupted him.

"It was my idea to take the boat out, honest. Jacob is just trying to cover for me" I said looking up at him innocently.

Jacob glared at me with the 'what do you think your doing' look.

"Go get your clothes miss... you too boy." He said, turning off the blinding flashlight finally.

I swam quickly over to the boat and pulled myself up on the ladder, waiting for Jacob.

"What the hell are you doing?" He growled at me.

"Your mom would kill you Jake, my parent's wont." I whispered, standing there for a moment. I was 99.9% sure that he glanced down my body for a moment before following me. I looked down and realized my undergarments were sheer now. I grabbed my dress quickly and slicked my hair back looking up at him.

"You didn't have to do that..." He said shaking his hair out.

"I'll take care of it." I said smiling meekly.

He pulled me into his warm damp embrace, resting his chin on my head. I hugged him back before the officer cleared his throat loudly. I was about to spit a snotty comment at him, but I figured that wasn't the best idea. He already had his panties in a bunch.

"I'll come for you." He whispered, reaching for my hand. He helped me onto the motor boat beside us, his eyes never leaving me.

"Bring this where it belongs," The man motioned to the boat, "She'll be at the Patrol Office, with the fine." He said huffing.

God. Who did he think he was? I looked up at Jake, his eyes locked in mine before the engine roared to life. His face was unforgettable...Was that all...for m