eleven

chaesoo looked at her surroundings. she's currently at a coffee shop, and yes, without any order. nobody can see her anyway. she sighed and knocked the coffee table with her nails a few time.

'where on earth is this jin?!' she internally screamed. then, she inhaled the air deeply and tried to calm down. this is the moment she'd been waiting forever.

"oh. my. god. im so sorry chae! manager namjoon asked me to-" jin tried to catch up with his breath while apologizing to chaesoo.

"no no no! it's okay, thank god you came anyway. besides, i'm such a patient person, so waiting just for a few minute is nothing to m-" chaesoo cut jin's sentence just to praise herself like usual.

"naahhh, now let's straight to the point. why you wanted to meet we so rushingly today?" jin place his index finger at chaesoo's lips and looked straight at her eyes.

"ew don't touch my sexy lip with your filthy hands" chaesoo push his hands away and shooted daggers to him.

"okay, so what i'm going to tell you the next moment is something really big and i'm not sure whether you're ready to accept it or not" the atmosphere quickly turned into a serious one. she looked deeply into jin's eyes to see his reaction.

"well, i'm not sure wheter i'm ready to accept it or not but i'm really sure i'm ready to hear it" jin said with a straight face. chaesoo can't predict anything.

"jin, would you believe me if i say that you're someone important in my life before?" chaesoo fiddled with her fingers. she's so nervous to hear his response.

"chaesoo, now is not to the time to play" jin's eyebrows knitted together.

"i'm serious jin"

"enlighten me please"

"once, before i died, we had known each other" chaesoo explained but she's still facing downwards. jin remained quite.

"you're once a boy who i found crying at the park because you're scolded by your parents. i treated you an ice cream and you joined me and my sister celebrating my birthday at the park on that day"

"starting that day, we grew closer day by day. our usual meet was at the park where we met for the first time. we're very close, just like brother and sister. as i didn't have any younger siblings, i really treat you like my real little brother" chaesoo lips curved up a little, smiling softly.

"ohh, did i mentioned earlier? you're the son of the convinient store's owner. and i always go there just to play with you because i live nearby" chaesoo chuckled while flashing back in her mind memories of them.

"but, what they say is true, happiness won't last long"

"one day, exactly 12 midnight on your birthday i went to the convinient store to surprise you. but then, while i were searching for you, i saw fire burning wildly. i was so panic at the moment and what i think at that moment was to save you"

"i saw you sleeping soundly at one of the tables. the fire gets wilder but well, do i care?" jin looked at her unbelievably. he thinks he could see what's coming.

"i carry you out of the store but i'm stucked at the door and the opening to go out is very small. at that moment, i'm sure i had made a right decision that i never regretted"

"y- you- must be kidding me right?" jin stuttered and looked at chaesoo with eyes widened.

"and yes, i get you out of the store and i hugged the present i should give to you, the pink pastel box, until my last breath" chaesoo ended her story with a broad smile. she felt the burden on her shoulder had been lifted.

"chae- chaesoo, are you serious? i can't believe we're so close!" jin rubbed his temples. the informations told are just too much for him to accept at one time.

"so, you're the kind noona i met at the park" jin started to connect all the dots together.

"yes! yes! you're the one! i was stressed about the tragedy and i always think that i'm the cause of your death. so, i tried very hard to forget anything related to you" jin sighed.

"that's why i never thought of chaesoo noona when i first met you. i seemed to erase anything about her" jin voice cracked. his eyes started to water.

"h-how could you?" chaesoo looked at him with eyes full of hopes that had been crashed.