Chapter 13 - Tried New Thing's~

Michael's POV

May 15, 1996

"And then he said if you must-Nancy are you even listening to me?" I asked looking over to her. She looked over. "Y-yeah." She said weirdly. 

"You okay?" I asked setting my book down and turning to her. "Just tired." She said giving me a closed eye smile.

"You're a very smart woman, you're going to pass," I said reaching over to rub her knee. "I'm still not good in history." She said bummed.

"Let's take a break, okay?" I said standing up and stretching. We were studying for our finals. every subject went great except for history. 

"This whole finals thing is stressing me out..." She said putting her hands to her face. She looked stressed. "Come here," I said picking her up.

She wrapped her arms and legs around me like a spider monkey. I sat at the edge of the bed and played with her hair.

Her hair was so soft and smelled nice. She always smelled like either strawberries or vanilla. "Just take your mind off of finals for a moment," I said. 

I felt her nodded. "Just think of something that makes you happy," I said. "You." I heard her say quietly. I couldn't help but smile to that. 

"Oh?" I asked. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me," She whispered. I kissed the side of her head before leaning down slowly. 

She moved so now her head was on my chest. "Your heartbeat is slow." She said. "I know," I said rubbing her head slowly. 

"Hey, Nance?" I asked getting her attention. She looked up and gave me her full attention. "Do you want me to-" I got cut off by something scratching at my door. 

"What is that?" Nancy asked. "Uh, I..." I said before she got up to reveal Salem was at the door. "Why does she look so fat?" I asked. 

"Don't be rude, Michael," Nancy said. "What? She's usually skinny from what I've seen." I said to my defense. 

"Maybe she's gonna have babies," Nancy said excitedly. Salem jumped on the bed and immediately hissed at me. 

"She still hates me," I said looking up at Nancy. Nancy came over after shutting my door. She sat down and Salem immediately crawled onto her lap. 

"Awe, she's so cute," Nancy said. "I guess," I said not really liking Salem in here when she hates me and wants to hurt me.

"Do you think she's going to have kittens?" Nancy said excitedly. "I hope not," I said. "What do you mean you hope not." She asked.

"I don't want her and her little army to come scratch me up." I bluntly said. "Michael..." She said with a small smile. "I'm serious, Nancy," I said. 

"Yeah, yeah." She said petting and giving all her love to Salem. I wouldn't say I was jealous but I will say I wasn't happy. 

I was tempted to push the cat off and lay my head on her lap, but she'd probably be mad I'd hurt an animal. 

I just sat there with my arms crossed watching her. "You, done torturing me with this?" I asked. She looked over at me.

"What?" She asked. "I want you," I said. "You jealous?" She asked with a slight smirk on her face. "No, so you better wipe that smirk off your pretty little face," I said. 

"Why must you deny?" She asked laying on my legs. "I'm not," I said. "You're funny, Michael." She said. 

"Oh, am I now?" I asked reaching over to her. As I touched her arm Salem clawed at my hand. "Ow!" I said pulling my hand back.