Chapter 4

A month had passed, and Ten was finally used to the new environment. He was currently sitting with a group of Jaehyun's friends and Jungwoo. Luckily, he was able to easily become friends with the guys at the table. He was talking to them about his home country, Thailand.

     "I bet that you must miss your country a lot, right?" a guy named Doyoung asked.

     Ten nodded and said, "Hopefully I'll be able t-" Ten stopped when he felt something wet drip down his head.

     "Oops," he heard a familiar voice behind him. He looked at his friends and saw that they were all glaring at the guy behind him. Ten dreadfully turned around and saw Johnny standing there with an unapologetic expression.

     Jaehyun quickly went up Johnny and punched him in the jaw. He grabbed his collar and angrily said, "What the fuck are you trying to to do? Don't you have anything else to do with your shitty life?" Johnny bitterly laughed and pushed him off.

     "Don't fucking touch me. I'm just having a bit of fun with your little friend," he said while grinning.

     "Stop your bullshit, Johnny. Just fucking leave already," Jaehyun said in a serious voice. Johnny kicked him in the stomach and the other boy fell onto the floor. They began to fight eachother in front of everyone in the cafeteria.

     "Let's go to the restroom," Jungwoo said as he grabbed Ten's hand and took him outside. Ten was frightened after what he had just seen. 'Was he going to do the same thing to me?' he wondered. He had been avoiding Youngho at school just like he had asked, but he would always make rude comments as he would walk past Ten. Of course, Ten ignored him in order to not further conplicate things.

     "Take off your shirt," Jungwoo told Ten. He took off his shirt and gave it to him. His friend began to wash the shirt on the sink.

     "Do you think Jaehyun will be ok?" he asked Jungwoo. Jungwoo turned around and saw Ten's frightened eyes. He guessed that the boy must not be used to what he just saw.

     "He'll be fine. He's Jaehyun, you know," Jungwoo said as he smiled warmly at Ten. The smaller boy suddenly felt better because of his friend's reassurance. Jungwoo went up to the hand dryer and put the shirt underneath it. As they waited for the shirt to dry, Ten rinsed his hair with some water. When they were finally finished, they left the restroom.

     "Do you want to go check on Jaehyun?" Jungwoo asked. Ten nodded, and the boys headed towards the nurse's room.

     "Hey," Jaehyun said as he saw the boys enter the room. He was holding an icepack to the left side of his face and had a a bandage on his cheek. He didn't look badly hurt.

     "Are you ok?" Ten asked as he got closer to him. Jaehyun nodded.

     "A teacher came in a few seconds after you guys left. That bastard didn't even get in trouble, and the teachers let him go home," he said as he tightened his fist. He was visibly angry, but the two boys decided not to talk about it.

     "Well, I'm glad that you didn't get too hurt," Ten said as he smiled. Jaehyun smiled back and told them to go back to class.

     "Aren't you coming?" Jungwoo asked.

     "Nah. I'll just go home," he said as he grabbed his backpack and walked towards the door.

     "Call me when you get out of school," Jaehyun said before he left. Jungwoo and Ten decided to go back to class after that.

     A few hours later, Ten was finally out of school. He walked all the way home as usual, and went into his room. He remembered to call Jaehyun and decided to dial his number.

     Hello?
     Hey. It's me, Ten.
     Oh cool! How was school? No one bothered you, right?
     Fortunately, everything went just fine.
     Well, that sounds great. Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to ha-

     The call suddenly stopped when Ten felt his phone come out of his hand. Johnny was standing there with Ten's phone on his hand. He pressed the end call button and looked at the small boy.

     "I want you to stop talking to him. From now on, if I ever see you talking to him, you're dead," he said in an intimidating tone. He threw the phone back at Ten and left the room. Ten sat there, thinking about what just happened. He felt scared and confused. Then, he started to feel angry. He wasn't going to let Youngho torment him anymore. He was going to continue being Jaehyun's friend, even if it meant that he would get beaten up for it.

     Jaehyun: hey are you ok?
     (5:17 p.m.)

     Ten looked at the text and quickly replied.

    Ten: Yeah sorry. My phone has been acting up lately.
    (5:17 p.m.)

     For the rest of the afternoon, the two boys continued to text.

     It was the next day, and Ten was sitting down at his desk. He was having a conversation with Jaehyun, when he saw the familiar tall boy enter the room. The tall boy glared at Ten, but he just blankly stared back. Johnny turned around and ignored them for the rest of the class.

     "Ok class, that's it for today. You may head to lunch," the teachee finally dismissed the class. The students quickly left the room, and they all headed towards their lockers.

     "Hey, I need to go to the office real quick. I'll meet you at lunch," Jaehyun told Ten. He turned around and left the boy alone. As he was walking towards the cafeteria, he was stopped by Johnny.

     "What the fuck did I tell you?" he said as he grabbed Ten's collar. He dragged him into an empty room and locked the door behind him. He threw the small boy onto the floor and began to kick him.

   "You should've just listened to me while I was asking nicely. This is all your fucking fault," he said as he kneeled down and hovered over the other boy. He made sure not to leave any visible marks, just in case his parents saw. He grabbed Ten's face and got close.

     "If you tell anyone about this, I'll make sure that you'll never go back home," Johnny said in a low voice. He threw Ten back to the floor and finally left the room.

····································································
A/N: I'M FINALLY OUT OF HELL!!!