💕💫Naegami: His Secretary💫💕

Naegi placed his hand on the door to his boss' office, nibbling at his lower lip. His teeth grazed the sensetive bit of skin and reddened it quite a bit. He couldn't feign that he was not anxious that he had been called down to see Togami. After all, he only ever talked with businessmen that were 'on his level' or sonething along those lines. Byakuya Togami was a prick, that much is clear, although the two had not spoken since their escape Hope's Peak. Togami had given Makoto a job at his corperation since going home was too emotionally overbearing for the brunette. The two had become closer through the murders and trials but after they made it out alive, they seemed to go their seperate ways. This was bittersweet in a way, but what could the luckster do about it. He had tried to reach out many times before this point but to no avail. Byakuya was too captivated by his work and legacy. He had his own destiny to fulfil and his own demons to forget and move on from.
If he was being honest, Makoto had no idea why he was called to speak to him. His heart finding a spot in his throat at the idea of seeing him was one thing he did know was happening though. What would he say? Could he look into his eyes after all that had happened? God, how he longed for Kiri to be here with him to reassure him. His hand turned the door knob and his head poked out through the small opening. He didn't say a word but only looked at his higher-up.

The blonde glanced up and his heart stopped for what felt like fifteen seconds. The air had been stolen from his lungs seeing the green eyes he once glared at in highschool. "Come in", was basically all he could say as Naegi entered, smiling as always, despite his fears. There was a silence that neither had the courage to fill as Makoto sat down in the seat directly in front of Byakuya.

"Hello, Naegi. How are you?"

Makoto quirked an eyebrow in reaction, losing his smile. Byakuya felt his own hands get cold when a frown tugged at Naegi's lips.

"Why did you call me up here? I'm sure not just to make small talk?..", he trailed off, the bright expression returning to his face as he let out a small exhale of relief that he seemed to not be in any trouble.

"Ah...just to..see if you were.. Fairing well. You know. It has been awhile, it's only natural I check up on everyone that..survived.", the heir slightly cringed, not only at the mention of their past but the thought of actually checking in with the others...such as Toko.

"I'm fine, Byakuya..", Makoto beamed, leaning in even after the mention of the somber event. "It's not like you to worry about me though, are you okay?"
Togami snapped back, surprisingly defensive, "Yes, I'm fine. It's not that big of a deal that I'm talking to you, is it? Why must you make a fuss like this, Naegi.."
Makoto let out somewhat of a giggle.
"Look's like not much has changed with you then."
Makoto's superior managed a glare but not for very long before tearing his eyes off the boy and staring aimlessly out of the window to the other buildings around the metropolis. A comfortable silence filled the room, every corner was filled with a warm feeling of nostalgia and safeness for the two of them. Even with their old banter just a few seconds prior everything felt right again. The pair of icy blue eyes found Naegi again and this time looked him up and down.

"Will you come here a moment..Makoto?"

The smaller boy's curious eyes widened. It was rare that Byakuya used his first name, but he let it go and took to his feet, walking closer to him behind the desk. Togami stood and looked down at him. He embraced him. It was awkward and calloused almost, the prodegy was not used to physical contact but he tried his best to hold on to him and comfort. In reality, Makoto's warmth and presence soothed Byakuya more than the heir would admit. The brunette was surprised, letting out a soft gasp at the hug, but slowly wrapped his arms around his boss' waist.

"Don't leave my sight, Makoto. I must know you are safe at all times, understand? I'm promoting you. So that you can be around me. "
Naegi broke into a smile that Byakuya could not see since his head was nestled into the taller man's chest. He nodded though as the blonde held on tighter.

"Thank you"

"There is no need for that. Now get out of here.", he released Makoto, blushing wildly at his sudden actions.
"Go bring me a coffee and hurry back. "

"Of course", Makoto chirped, not moving though and suddenly wrapping his arms around Byakuya again. As he finally moved and shuffled his way to the door, he turned to meet Togami's blue eyes.

"Maybe I was wrong.. Maybe things have changed.", he said with that classic smile as he shut the door behind him.