There he stands...

John's Pov
I ran out of the room, tears pouring down my freckles. I struggled to see as I hurried in the elevator up to the roof. The elevator doors closed and I let out a sigh of relief thinking I'm alone. I'm not, though. Standing off to my left is James Madison, and beside him is Francis Kinloch. Francis and I are exes. James and Thomas should be dating by now. Why are they here together? "Hey Jack!" No one calls me that. Even when Francis and I were dating he clearly wasn't allowed to call me that. "Jacko! Jack! Hello anyone in there?" Francis says with a coy smile. "What?" "Just wanted to say I was right again." "What do you mean?" I ask eyeing James. He looks as if he wants to be anywhere but here. "Turns out your new roommate is leaving tomorrow, and from your tear-stained face; I have a feeling he didn't tell you."What?! So soon?!
I ignore them and get off at the top floor. I climb the fire escape up to the roof, and stare down at the cemetery in the back. Where my sister was buried. She had lots of blood clot problems, and died during a stroke. I still miss her to this day, and come up here almost every day. I hear footsteps behind me.

Alex's Pov
I racing to the roof after I find John went up there, and it's not helping when I'm in the elevator and James and his friend are spreading rumors about me. I climb out onto the fire escape and hurry up to the roof. John's sitting by he ledge, and for a minute he looks peaceful. Then he turns around. Tears pouring down his face, and his hands curled in on themselves really tightly. Suddenly I hear a sound behind me. That guy from the elevator! What does he want now? "What are you doing here, Francis?" John asks quietly wiping his tears away on his sleeves. "Oh, I'm just here to get revenge on you and your roommate here for breaking up with me." Breaking up? They were together?! "I suggest you guys get off this roof before an accident occurs." Francis says with a small giggle. "Let's handle this tomorrow. In the Common Room. During the Breakfast hour." I counter grabbing John's arm. I pull him past Francis and down to our room.

Time Skip- brought to you by Sham Wow

"You are not leaving tonight, okay." I ask staring him directly in the eyes. "You are not going to see your dad tonight. No arguing." "I can't do that. I'm sorry, but no." he responds, frantically looking at the sun setting. "I'm not going to let you go home. Someone needs to take charge, and It's not happening." I say firmly. "You don't understand. You don't understand. He will kill me. He will kill you too." "Who? You're dad?" "Of course my dad! I need to go!" he heads over to the door, and starts to push open the door. I press the emergency button on the wall. I called for my mother. Mrs.Washington please have a way to stop him. Then we hear a knock on the door.