All The Same - A World Without Diversity

My alarm clock wakes me for breakfast at seven and I put on the same pair of clothes as usual then made my way over to the feeding center in the middle of the neighborhood. A line has already formed and I join it behind 0870, my designated friend.
"Hello and good morning," I greet her.
"Hello and good morning," She responds.
"I am in the Gardening Unit today, what is your task for the day?" I inquire.
"I am Educator for the course of this week, would you like me to tie back your hair?" There's none of the mirrors of the old world. Who would need to see themselves when everyone looks the exact same, only identifiable by the number floating above our heads? I am 5113.
Our morning continues like this. Once we finish our meal we go our separate ways to work. Today is just a normal day, until 3:00. 0870 applied for a baby, the Birth Ceremony is then, and as her designated friend I shall accompany her.
When the alarms chimes 2:46, we walk down to the Community Park, where the ceremony is taking place. A girl walks on to the stage, 7916. She taps the microphone.
"Hello and good afternoon, everyone."
A chorus of "Hello and good afternoon" follows 7916's greeting. She starts to read off the list of names, each woman going up and receiving their infant. Each child was made in the Science Center, as in the modern world there is only one gender, female. 7916 continues to read the list, until:
"0870." She walks up onto the stage as this week's designated Scientists bring another baby up to 7916.
"1513," She reads, the infants number. 0870 holds her child in her arms and exits the stage.

The lights go out a nine o'clock like every night. I climb up my flight of 12 stairs, the same number as all other houses, like every night. At exactly 9:02 and 32 seconds I swallow one of the pills on my bedside table like every night. I have a terrible disease, called Dreaming, though the medication is not always functional. Then slowly close my eyes, and that's when I really start to see. Bursts of color. The way the world was before the Cleansing. Something white and fluffy falling from the sky. The most water I've ever seen, stretching far, far into the distance. People with huge grins on their faces doing something that must be laughing; underneath a tree that's inside. And all around, happiness, love, joy. The things they told us in school had nearly destroyed humans before. But it doesn't look like it's hurting anyone. I feel something stirring inside me. It's a want, no, it's a need. I need to get out of the world I live in, to make my own choices, to feel. I think I might ask my doctor for an Ending, I'm starting the want things. I'm starting to become dangerous.