Chapter I

《 35 years after the Invasion of London》

Quinn Pov

Death came upon her too quickly. It was my fault. She was cursed with me as a child. If only I didn't exist she would still be alive.

I sat quietly inside some sort of meeting room at the police station. My mother had just been murdered hours earlier. I was the one to discover the body when I had returned from school. I hadn't cried. I had no emotions at the moment. I loved my mother and she cherished me since she could no longer speak with my father whom I could speak with. My father was demon who collected the souls of the deceased and judged them on their actions throughout their lives. Humans called them Grim Reapers.

My mind was replaying the events over and over again. What was I to do now? As far as society knew my father didn't even exist considering he wasn't even on my birth certificate. I'm not even 18 yet where was I too live? All these questions were dawning on me. How was I to survive without her? A tear escaped me eye and slid down my pale face. She was gone and I could never see her again. I really bead a cursed child.

"Quinn?" A male voice dragged me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see a police officer from earlier enter the room with a blonde woman who seemed old but still rather fierce. "This is Integra, Quinn. She is here to take you home with her." He explained. Integra? Why do I know that name. Why was she taking me to her home? Do I know her? "Integra Hellsing is the only family I was able to get into contact with and she has agreed to give you a home at her manor." Oh that's who she was. Technically she was some sort of a cousin to me. Her uncle was Richard Hellsing who was my great father. I've never met him but I was able to discover the family tree and study it. My mother wanted little to do with Hellsing since it held dark secrets. I don't recall any of the vents after the small explanation but soon I was seated in a fancy car was driving away from the station. The entire drive I didn't utter a word. It wasn't like I could. It was like my words were stuck. But Integra didn't try to initiate a conversation and I would thank her for that because I wouldn't even know what I would speak about. I guess I was too busy spacing out to noticed we had arrived at the one and only Hellsing manor. It was massive. I had lived in a small house my entire house I'm afraid I would get lost in such a large house.

"I imagine you wish to go straight to bed." Integra asked breaking the silence as we entered. I nodded in reply. "Very well I will have someone escort you to a room that has been prepared for you." She told me.

"Thank you." I finally spoke. "I appreciate you're generosity."

"If you need anything let the staff know." She gave me a smiled and with that a staff member showed me to my room. Another fear came upon me as we were walking to my room. I was still in my uniform and I had no clothes to change into. My house was a crime scene. However my worries were dismissed when I discovered suitcases of my clothes upon entering the room. However it disturbed me that someone had pack my bra and underwear. But how did they manage to get my clothing since my house is now guarded by police wanting to  investigating the scene? I asked to myself. Perhaps she has ties? I dismissed the thought considering I had my clothes and that was the important thing. The room had a walk in closet and it's own bathroom which had both a bath and seperate shower. It was even very spacious. I took a change of clothes and headed for the shower. A burning hot shower to drown away my problems. At least temporarily.