Thirty: Back to School

Colleen's POV

We went on our honeymoon to Hawaii as soon as we could. It was great for it to just be Gabbie and me for a change. We did basic honeymoon stuff. I don't think I have to explain anymore.

When we got back, we went back to school. Gabbie and I got out of the car and walked in. She grabbed my hand, and I squeezed it. "Trust me. We've got this," I told her, and we walked inside. Then Gabbie saw her friend Liza and rushed towards her, letting go of my hand. "Liza!" Gabbie exclaimed, hugging her. "Oh. My. God," Liza gasped, "who is that behind you, and is that a ring? You never wear rings." Gabbie blushed and said, "Liza, this is my wife Colleen." "Hold up. Wife?!" Liza exclaimed, and everyone turned to look at us. "Um, yeah," Gabbie replied, and I held her hand. "Yay!" Liza exclaimed, crushing Gabbie and me in a group hug.

"Hey Emo Girl! Funny prank!" a guy shouted. "It's not a prank!" I fired back as Liza, Gabbie, and I pulled away from each other. Then I cupped Gabbie's face in my hands and our lips met. She wrapped her arms around my waist, and the world went mute. When I pulled away, I saw that everyone around us was staring, their mouths wide open in shock. "Let's get to class baby," I said, and I walked her to her first class.

   Then I went to my first class, Theater, and sat down next to Erik. "Sadly, we missed having our production of Hamilton, a real classic, but our next production is Romeo and Juliet, and we're way behind schedule," our director Mrs. Merryton tells us. Erik raised his hand. "When are auditions?" he asked. "Right now, and we have no time to waste!" Mrs. Merryton replied, "chop chop kids!"

~~~

   Erik and I auditioned for the play, along with the rest of the class. Then Mrs. Merryton started reading her list, and eventually she reached the main characters. "Erik is Romeo and his understudy is Brett. And last but not least, Colleen is Juliet, and her understudy is Bree." I looked at Erik, and he knew exactly what I was thinking. "Mrs. Merryton? I don't think I can be Romeo," Erik told her, "you see, Colleen and I aren't together anymore, and I don't think her wife would want me to pretend to be in love with her." "No, Erik can be Romeo. I'll give up my part," I suggested. "No. I'll give up my part, and Brett will be Romeo and Colleen will be Juliet," he replied, turning to me, "you're better at acting then I'll ever be, best friend." Bree looked as passive aggressively pissed as possible as I smiled. "Ok. Brett will be Romeo and Erik will be his understudy then," Mrs. Merryton revised, "now pick up your scripts and let's get to work!"

Gabbie's POV

   Walking through the halls with the girl I love is one of the best feelings ever. We made it to Algebra 2, and went inside. Erik was sitting in my old seat, and I smiled. Colleen and I sat down next to each other, and the girl in front of me, Tana, whispered to her girlfriend Bella, "I heard that Colleen girl only got with that Emo Girl because she felt bad." I grabbed Colleen's hand on the shared desk, and she squeezed it. Then Tana looked behind her and realized that we were here. "Oh, hi," she said, "Are you guys like actually married or what?" "We are actually married," Colleen answered, fidgeting with her ring. "Oh," Bella replied, and they turned back around.

Then the bell rang. "Ok class. We've missed a lot of wonderful math, so sadly, we won't be learning it," Mrs. Elison told us. "Yay!" everybody cheered. "So let's start our next lesson," Mrs. Elison said, "get out your textbooks and open to page 167." "I forgot mine," I whispered to Colleen. "It's ok. We can share," she replied, pushing her textbook to the middle. "Thanks," I whispered back, and kissed her on the cheek. "Hey Gabrielle! Leave space for the Lord," Mrs. Elison scolded, and Tana and Bella giggled. "Yes Mrs. Elison. I sure will," I responded, plastering a fake smile on my face. Nothing and everything has changed at the same time, and I love it.

~~~

Colleen was already asleep by the time the thunderstorm came. I felt someone shake me from my "sleep." "Sammy," I whispered, "come lie down." He got in and lied down next to me. "It's loud," he told me, snuggling into me. "I know buddy, but it will go away." "What happens when you go away?" he asked me. "I don't know buddy," I answered, "but what I do know is that you'll be a big boy, and that you'll be able to make pancakes yourself and sleep during thunderstorms." And then, as if the universe knew what to do, it stopped raining.

Colleen sat up groggily. "I'll leave now," Sammy announced, getting up. "You can stay," Colleen replied. "No, it's fine," Sammy responded, "bye!" He ran back out of our room. "Go back to sleep baby," I whispered, "it's the middle of the night." "Ok," Colleen whispered back, snuggling into me. I snuggled into her and fell asleep. Sammy never came into my room to sleep again, but I knew it wasn't because of Colleen. He was growing up, and I could feel him preparing for the day that Colleen and I moved out. And I couldn't be any happier for him or myself.

A/N: The next chapter will be the epilogue. I hope you enjoyed, and feel free to vote for this chapter! See you next time!