chapter one

[ MOVIE 2 - THE PRINCESS DIARIES 2: ROYAL ENGAGEMENT ]

[ CHAPTER ONE ]

I STARED IN UTTER AWE at the sight before me. I couldn't believe that it was finally happening, my twin was graduating. I was so happy that tears almost spilled but I kept them at bay. I leaned my head against my husband, letting it fall gently on his arm. My mother was sitting down next to me and holding my hand excitedly. Sitting down next to her is Mr. O'Connell, who we now call Patrick. 

Trust me, you're not the only one who finds old students calling their old teacher by their first name weird. Michael, Jeremiah, Lilly and Mia and I all agreed that it was weird but kept it to ourselves as slowly over time we got use to it. I looked around for Joe and instantly found him due to him standing by Mia in the sidelines. 

I smiled, knowing Joe was proud of her graduating just as he was when I had graduated last year along with Jeremiah. I averted my eyes and quickly shot a glance to the side near where I sat with my family and spotted our two bodyguards, Lucian and Maxwell Halliwell, brothers and Genovian born men. I eyed the three security detail and noticed that they were talking quietly amongst one another in their earpiece. 

I let out a long sigh, wishing I was holding something. In time, my hands had gotten used to holding my children and now it was weird when I didn't have them in armsreach. Unfortunately, we had to leave them at home due to Nadia being too young to travel and Rupert being quite an excitable child. I knew they would be fine at the palace, they had my grandmother, Charlotte and their nannies who are also my ladies, Ella and Kenya Halliwell, the wives of Lucian and Maxwell. 

"Although your diplomas are equally specific, remember, you are all going out into the world as individuals. I now proudly present, this year's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and Internal Affairs' graduating class." The headmaster of Woodrow announced proudly with a wife grin making everyone cheer happily

Both Jeremiah and I stood up, merging with the family members of the students who had graduated. I didn't move forward, instead I turned my head to my left and looked down at my mother. She was sitting down with a small smile as her cheeks flushed due to not being able to stand properly due to her protruding belly. I offered her my hand as Patrick helped her up and she grinned, holding on tight to me.

"Sweetie, go be with your sister. It's not everyday when your twin graduates." Mom urged me softly as she nudged me gently with her arm

I looked at her in concern but all she did was nod her head forward to where Mia probably stood with her classmates. I looked at Jeremiah who grinned down at me before planting a kiss on my lips and swiftly switched our positions. I looked at him in utter betray before shaking my head, making my way to my sister with Maxwell no doubt following me.

"Mia! Mia, you graduated!" I cheered loudly to my sister as I neared her, catching her attention as she turned away from her friends