3.

please excuse any errors, i did not proofread.
Naila
Upper Marlboro, Maryland.

I woke up with Marquette's arms wrapped around me as he slept

I woke up with Marquette's arms wrapped around me as he slept. I traced his tattoos with my fingers as he slept peacefully, waiting on him to wake up.

"Naila, what's wrong?" He mumbled, with his eyes still closed and face buried in my neck. "What time is it?"

"4 am." I chuckled lightly, rubbing his hand. "I don't know why I'm up."

"Me either, so close dem' eyes." He muttered, scooting closer than he already was. "We goin' out to breakfast once we do finally get up though. Invite Kali and Los,"

I sighed and closed my eyes. "I'm still mad at you, so don't think that I'm not."

Don't get me wrong, sleeping in his arms felt good, but it also felt wrong.

He had just marched back into my life after being gone and avoiding me for two years, and I felt like I was letting him off the hook and that's something I shouldn't do.

"Naila, shutup." He mumbled.

Once I woke up, Marquette was gone. He text me and let me know that he was just getting dressed, and that he would pick me up if necessary. I preferred to drive alone so that nobody would suspect that we spent the night together.

I was sure we'd see a lot of people we went to school with while we were out, and although I didn't care what people thought, I just didn't want them in my business.

"Nai, we over here." Carlos waved, sitting on the outside of the circular booth next to Kali, who held a mean mug on her face.

" Carlos waved, sitting on the outside of the circular booth next to Kali, who held a mean mug on her face

I held onto my purse as I walked over to our booth. I slid in next to Kali, and placed my purse next to me.

"Hey, how are you guys feeling this morning?" I asked, grabbing the menu and opening it. "You guys look.. Absolutely happy."