family-tales

if you've been to my other book collection, INTERMISSION (for unpublished drafts), then you've since the edits I've done for Lucas and licas. I thought, why not elaborate on them more?

________

in the hospital - final hour of 7

×××

Yukhei stood outside of the hospital room, head in between his head, knees jumping up and down while he had his mother-law rubbing his shoulder gently while he also had his own mother leaning against the wall before him.

It's been seven hours. Seven painful hours with no stopping and his wife was still in there, screaming her lungs out for their baby to come out. He was beyond worried at this point.

"Is it normal for it to take so long?" His voice trembled as he still didn't look up. But he heard both of the women near him laugh.

"It took longer for you, it's only been seven hours." His mother says and he only then snaps his head up.

"It can take longer than that?" He asked, terrified.

A hand was placed on his shoulder, he looks at Lisa's mother. "She's going to be alright, we've been preparing for this all along."

"How long did Lisa take, dear?" He heard his mother ask the other woman in thai. One thing Yukhei couldn't understand was how women could be so calm about all this.

His members weren't there, it was a holiday and so most went back to their families. The hospitals weren't as busy, especially on the VIP floor.

The male ran his hand through his hair in frustration, another heart-breaking shrill came through and he wanted to go in there, hold his wife's hand, make sure she was really okay.

But then - something else broke through.

A piercing cry.

Yukhei snaps his head up, eyes wide and lips parted, his mother's eyes widen and he didn't need to look to know that Lisa's mother had the same look.

Suddenly, a fear broke came to him. The door to the room opened, the nurse came through and brought down her mask with a heart-warming smile. "You can come in now." Her voice was soft and Yukhei stood up, his legs trembling and he felt his mother-in-law hold him by the arms to support him.

"Everything will be all right." She whispers to him in her mother language. "You're going to be a wonderful father."

He swallows thickly before nodding, thanking her before walking into the room, nurses filled his sight as they came out and finally, he could see Lisa.

His heart came back to life and he ran to his wife's side. "Lisa?" He calls out to her in a whisper. She looked like a mess, she was sweating so much but he did not care, her eyes were closed and her chest rising slowly, quick breaths left her but were starting to slow down.

He took hold of her hand and brought to his own lips, placing a longing kiss on them before placing them on his forward. "Oh my god, are you okay?"

"... Y-Yukhei...?" He finally hears his name being muttered out. He looks up to see his wife's eyes roaming up and he reaches for her.

"I'm here, I'm here." He whispers, and their eyes meet. He smiles in relief when seeing her tired smile and her hand trembled as she reaches for him. "Are you in pain? Is everything okay?"

"Where's the baby?" Without leaving her side, he looks around the room and it was almost instantly that tears came to his eyes when seeing the nurse in the corner, holding his new-born.

He could see the small hands that were trying to reach out for something, the nurse had a wide smile as she approached the now, parents.

"Here is your baby-girl." Lisa then started to also have tears brimming her eyes as she reaches out with her other hand to her baby.

"Baby-girl?" She chokes out as the bundle was placed in her arms. She looks down at her child before looking up to Yukhei who was right above them both, he resembled his wife's expression. Tearful and absolutely taken by wonder. "It's a girl, Yukhei."

"A girl..." He sits on the bed, his hand tightening around Lisa's while the other trembled as it reaches out for his daughter. "Our little girl." He stroked her small, round cheeks with the tip of his finger, smiling widely and letting out a laugh when seeing her small lips break into a smile.

"Mali..." He heard Lisa say. "Her name... can it be Mali?"

"You can name her whatever you want." He smiles lovingly, leaning down to kiss the female's forehead. "Mali suits her perfectly."

Lisa looks down at her daughter again. Carefully bringing her up and attaching her lips to the soaked thin strands of dark hair. "Wong Mali, our little flower."

On the crack of dawn, 16th of July, 20XX. Wong Mali was born.