History

Donovan was surprised to see the two people he least expected to see, sitting down in his receiving room. Akari and Mage Koya sat next to each other while sipping tea and spoke quietly to each other when he came into the room. After their wedding, Donovan did not expect to see, let alone speak to them again.

"Mage Koya, Apprentice Mage Akari." Donovan said as he wiped his sweaty palms on the side of his pants. "Good day to you both. What brings you here?"

Akari set down her teacup and looked up at Donovan as she went straight to the point.

"Have you seen Rin since yesterday?" Akari asked.

"No." Donovan answered her back honestly as he began to worry about his friend. "Why? What's wrong?"

"Rin is missing." Akari told him honestly. "I received word from Duke Obara that Rin has not come home since last evening. His last known whereabouts were at his office. No one at his company knows where he is and no one else can confirm if he left his work place."

Donovan shook his head in disbelief.

"I'm sorry. The last time I spoke to Rin was at your wedding." Donovan said truthfully.

"In the past five years, do you know of a place where Rin would go, for some time alone?" Akari asked him. "A place where not even his parents would know about? A place where he could gather his thoughts?"

Donovan shook his head no. He couldn't think of anything.

"Is there something wrong?" Donovan asked. "Is Rin in trouble?"

Akari's lips tighten up with his constant questioning.

"If he's in trouble, please tell me. Is there something I can help with?"

"Please just think of any place that Rin likes to go to." Akari asked him. "Any place at all. A place where he likes to be alone. A place where no one knows him. A place where he can find some peace and quiet?"

Donovan shook his head no.

"I don't know any kind of places like that, but I can give you a list of places he likes to frequent."

"Please do." Akari told him as he began to write the list.

"I'm not sure if this will help in any way, but I hope this can help you find Rin." Donovan said as he gave the list to Akari.

"If you hear any word at all about Rin whereabouts. Please let me know and his parents know as soon as possible."

"I'll do that." Donovan agreed. "I'll also send people out to walk the streets to see if they can find him as well."

"That would be helpful." Akari said as she stood up. "Thank you, for your time."

"Of course." Donovan said as he too stood up to walked them to the door.

Before Akari and Dean could walk out of his home, he called out to Akari.

"Apprentice Mage Akari." Donovan said, bringing their attention back on to him. "For the things that I did to you and said to you when we were young. I'm sorry. I was a foolish child. I hope, you can forgive me for my transactions against you."

Akari nodded her head and left with Dean. They made their way to Delan's home next and Delan did not know where Rin could of gone as well. He too wrote up a list of places where Rin liked to hang out and also sent men to walk the streets to see if they could find him.