Chapter 36

Dominique's POV

"Ito na po" Inilagay ni Karlir ang carpet sa bermuda grass, dala dala nito ang malamig na tubig at kaunting pagkain.

I layed down first and staired at the stars twinkling above us. She smiled and layed down next to me.

I heard her sigh so loud.

I know she was waiting for me to speak. For me to tell a story, and to be honest I am not a story teller because I don't have much story to tell.

I don't wanna slip any word that's why I stayed silent.

"Ikaw ba Maam?" Panimula niya.

"Hmmm?"

"Anong kwento mo?" She seriously said kaya napalunok ako.

"W-Wala naman"

I saw her looked at me seriously and waiting for me to just spill the bad blood I have towards my life.

She was staring at me!

"What?," I ask her out dahil parang nagbabadya siyanv makipag-away. "I don't have any story to tell you Karlie. How about you ask your classmates, they know me more than I to myself."

"Kung wala kang kwento bakit ka narating sa estado ng buhay mo ngayon?"

I left out a big sigh and looked at her and smiled

"Well, I was born a gifted child." I said ssriously. "When I was 13 I am already in college and graduated 17 yrs. Old at 18 I took up my masteral and after that I took up my doctofal in history. I am a leading students when I studied in NU  did my masters in Psychology there, and hopefull by next year makakapag-aral na ako sa Standford with my doctoral degree in Psychology."

"Maam?"

"Yes?"

"Nag-aaral ba kayo buong buhay niyo?" She ask innocently.

I decided to light up a cigarette and blow a smoke in the air.

Is she serious right now?

"Unfortunately, I am," I said to her seriously. "Why? Does it bother you?"

"H-Hindi naman po. Hindi ko lang ma imagine yung sarili ko sa sitwasyon mo. Ang sipag mong mag-aral" Saad ni Karlie at tila proud pa ito sa mga achievements ko.

"Hindi ako masipag, pinilit ako" I smiled bitterly.

"Ha?"

"Both my parents gave me the best education, sobrang the best halos iilang lessons na ang inaral ko. Aral doon aral dito, I never get to be myself when I'm with them, " I stared at her. She was listening so descretely causing me to continue. "In weekdays I have my home school, in the evening I was with my tutors, in Saturdays and Sundays I was in my piano, and flute lessons. I never really have the luxury of time to be with myself just for once. "

Nakita kong napalunok siya at tumingin kaagad sa mga bituin.

I can tell she don't have any words to say.