Chapter 1

"But why California? Isn't that a bit too far away?" Siena asked as she folded yet another one of my T-Shirts.

"I'm staying with my Dad's mum. She's the best option for me," I shrugged my shoulders, putting my swimsuits into my suitcase.

"I'm really going to miss you. We had so many plans for this Summer," She said with a half smile. Her hands just laid on her thighs as she looked down, I knew she was upset.

"I know. I promise we will do them eventually. Maybe you can visit?" I said taking all my clothes our of my hands to sit next to her.

"It's not like it's your fault anyways. God I hate your Step-Dad," She rolled her eyes at the thought of him.

"My mum's the problem. She'll do anything to have him in her pants without a problem," I sighed, trying to prevent the vomit coming up my throat.

"I'm really sorry Tay. And what about Lucas?" Siena asked. He was in the back of my head, I didn't want to admit that leaving him was my biggest regret.

I stayed silent for a minute or two. "I don't know Si, I thought this would have been our Summer. Maybe it's all in my head," I sighed.

"Taylor, you can't deny that there is something between you two," Siena defended.

"What is there? I've been crushing on him for the past seven years and nothing's come out of it anyways," I shook my head, snapping myself out of it.

"Have you at least talked about you leaving?" Siena said. I move my shoulders as the uncomfortable thought taunted me.

"We're hanging out tonight. I don't know what to expect. He hasn't really said anything," I shrugged standing up, trying to occupy myself.

"Don't worry about it. I know there's something between you two," Siena tried to convince me, hoping to lift up my mood.

"There's no point anyways. This was my last chance, next Summer we'll be moving away for College," I said, packing up some underwear.

"You never know when your paths will cross," Siena said, continuing to help me pack.

"Whatever. Can we change the subject? I don't want this to be one of my last memories of us," I said, a smile appearing on my lips.

"Yeah. Also, you're going to California! God knows what'll happen there," Siena smiled, zipping up my second suitcase.

I was about to speak when I heard my Step Dad's car pull up into the drive way. I walked across the room and locked my door, "We don't want to witness what will be happening soon."

Siena laughed and shook her head, "I'm really going to miss you."

I smiled at her, "I'm going to miss you too. But I'll call you all the time, I don't know anybody there anyways."

"And how long's that going to last? Do you have any idea how outgoing and lovable you are?" Siena smiled at me, boosting my confidence a little.

"Siena, I already love you. There's no point in kissing up to my ass," I laughed. I smiled zipping the last of my suitcases.

"Is that it?" Siena asked, looking at my almost empty wardrobe.

"For the most part. I'll finish the rest tomorrow anyways. Do you want to grab a pizza from Mario's? It's going to be my last one for a while," I sighed lightly.

"Yeah, okay," Siena agreed. I threw on a pair of boyfriend jeans and a cropped t-shirt, considering the weather wasn't too warm.

Siena and I throttled down the staircase and found my mum all over my 'dad' on the living room couch. "I'm definitely not going to miss that," I mumbled as we walked out.

We got onto our bikes and rode down to Mario's; my favorite Pizza Place since I was a kid. I don't remember my first time here, but I'm grateful for it.

It was barely ten minutes until we got there, and walking in, the scent of cheese and pepperoni filled the air, making a light smile crawl onto my face.

"Here come my two little ladies," Mario chuckled seeing us walk in. "What can I get you? The regular?"

"Yes please. Make it count, I'm going to be craving this place for the next few months," I chuckled taking a seat by the bar.

"I heard. This meal's on me sweetheart," Mario told me, flashing me a soft and subtle smile.

"Thanks Mario, that's really sweet of you," I smiled at him, grateful for his kind gesture.

"Of course. I remember you walking in here with your dad when you could barely stand still. Oh I even remember your mother working here before she had you!" Mario smiled at me.

"Really? She had a Summer Job here?" I furrowed my eyebrows, new to the information.

"She worked part-time throughout the year when she was nineteen. I'd have never expected her to turn out the way she did," Mario shook his head slightly.

"What? A legal prostitute?" I rolled my eyes, disgusted by my mother's actions.

"Now come on, Taylor. Your father raised you better than that," Mario told me. He was right, even though my dad barely raised me at all.

"He was an amazing man," Mario smiled at me, before handing us our pies as we both looked at them with our eager eyes.

I quickly took a snap of them for our Instagram Story, knowing it'll be a picture I will treasure for a while.

We both sat there, devouring the pizza's and laughing our asses off, enjoying one of our last moments together; one of the few memories we'll have of our last Summer.