Epilogue

"He's so...wrinkly."

I giggled, watching Jared as he peered down at the baby in fascination.

"Yeah," Embry hummed, tilting his head. "And pink."

"The poor kid's literally just been born, leave him alone," Quil chided.

"I think he's beautiful," I said.

"Of course, you do. You're his mum," Jared teased.

"Yeah," I said, beaming. "I am."

He'd finally stopped crying.

He was sleeping, face smoothed by the lack of yelling. His little mouth settled in an 'o' shape as he snoozed, nose scrunching up every now and again. He was so tiny.

Carlisle had left to go and change his clothes and check on Jacob, and Jasper had gone back to check on Bella and Edward. The boys had come upstairs after I'd been stitched up and given an astronomical number of painkillers and were all sitting with me on the bed. Meg was washing all the sheets and the towels, and Emily was taking a well-deserved nap. Paul stood by the window, letting a smile slip once in a while.

"Does he have a name, yet?" Quil asked.

I nodded. "I think so."

"What is it?"

"Give her a minute, Jared, God," Embry snapped.

"I'm sorry-

"Shut up," Paul cut in. "If you stop talking, she might actually tell you."

They quietened.

I looked down at the sleeping baby in my arms and took a breath.

"Ethan. His name is Ethan."