My dangerous gang life

Melanie, Vivian, and Jasmine all came over to my desk during first block. Jasmine sat on top of it and Vivian and Jasmine stood next to it. "Are we on for tonight?" I asked. "Sure are." Jasmine answered smiling. "And afterwards we're taking you to the club." Vivian said. I smiled. "Can't wait." They all smiled and left to go to their classes. The three of them are co-leaders of the all girl gang in our town. They're all seniors. Melanie and Vivian are eighteen but Jasmine's nineteen. She would have graduated last year but decided to stay for one more year.

 There's an all boy gang to and the two of them are major rivals.

I'd become pretty good friends with Melanie and she got them to let me join. Of course I have to prove I can handle it first but i'm fine with that. I'm sixteen so i'll be one of the youngest members. You're probably wondering why I want to join a gang. After all they are pretty dangerous. But, I do know they're like a family. Vivian walks with a limp because she threw herself infront of another gang memeber during a fight to keep her from getting shot.

And Melanie has a scar on her hand from a knife. She stood between one of their gang members and some guy who was trying to stab her.

Plus, I seriously need a family right now. My mom abandoned me, my sister, and my dad and all my dad knows how to do is beat me. My sister's in her last year of college but still lives at home. All she does is yell at me and ground me. "Addison, what was that about?" My bestfriend, Macey, asked sitting beside me. "Nothing." I answered.

"Please tell me you aren't friends with those three."

"I am."

"Addie, they're leaders of a gang."

"Who cares?"

"They're dangerous."

"I don't care."

"Whatever."

The rest of the day went by fast and soon I was in the school's parking lot with Jasmine, Vivian, Melanie, and a few other girls from the gang. "Addison, you can ride with us." Melanie said then looked at the other girls, "You guys get the rest of the girls and have them meet us."

Jasmine climb into a dark purple camaro with a black stripe that went around the bottom. Those are their gang colors. L Femelles was written on the handle of each door. Femelles is french for females. They thought it fit since it's an all girl gang.

I climbed into the passenger seat and Vivian and Melanie got in the back. "Ok, Addison, before you join our gang you need to know the rules." Jasmine said as she pulled out of the parking lot.

"What are they?" I asked.

"We don't sell any kind of drugs or have sex for money. If we find out you did you'll have to be punished. Never snitch on anyone in the gang to the cops. But you can snitch to us if you see any of our girls selling drugs or sex. If we find out you knew and didn't tell us you'll be punished with them. And since me, Melanie, and Vivian are the leaders of the gang you have to show us respect no matter what. That's about it. Oh, and you're going to be a newbie so I wouldn't get sassy with anyone of the older members. They won't hesitate to put you in your place."

Jasmine finished talking just as she pulled up next to a bridge. Five more cars pulled up beside us. Everyone started to get out but I couldn't. Melanie opened my door. "You coming?" She asked. "Yeah, i'm just a little.....nervous...I guess."

"Well don't be."

I looked down at my hands, not sure what to say now. "Addie," Melanie grabbed my jacket and pulled it off my right shoulder to reveal the huge bruise on it. My dad caused that this morning. "We know what your dad does to you. And trust me, our gang really is like a family. We don't plan on letting him get away with it." I looked into her dark brown eyes and saw she was serious.