Part Two.

Running into the café with Louise in hand is quite an experience, despite the rain. The water just makes me grip her hand tighter, our feet splashing the pavement and later the road with every step. Looking up past the vast amount of high-risen buildings is a deep dark sky; no sign of mercy; just unleashing it's vengeance on London for ruining the once non-polluted skies. We look both ways before crossing the roads, watching as some distant headlights beam at us far away. Louise and I see this as an opportunity to cross before making our way over the road, but the water is much deeper than on the pavement, which is probably why I can already feel it seeping into my socks again. I look over at Louise to see her face isn't too happy either, obvious that the water is getting in hers too. Frankly, we make it across the river of a road back up onto the pavement. Just then, I remember being back on the train, hearing that familiar laugh from that couple. Why did it bother me so much? What significance did it have? It's not like I knew the girl, surely..? Shrugging the thought off, I look ahead, as far as I can anyway, without being blinded by the heavy downfall. Typical London. We arrive promptly outside a little Chinese-style café tucked away on the corner of the street. Less cars were zooming down now, which I'm honestly not surprised at.

Opening the door, I step inside, being careful not to mark the glass with my fingers. I hear a bell give a sweet little 'ting' once the door swings open, I then stand in front of it to let Louise through. "My lady," I announce in a jokingly voice, ushering her in. "Oh, what a gentleman you are," she giggles, shoving me in the arm again. I can't help but smile. That's all she does, make me smile. I absolutely love it, and I'm sure she does too. I glance around the café to see that there are lots of wooden beams everywhere, sort of like in a botanical garden, where plants and vegetation would cling onto the edges of the beams, engulfing them in leaves and shoots, although being a café in London, it doesn't possess the plants of course. There are also lots of ornaments everywhere, especially on the shelves behind the counter. The tables and chairs share a crimson red colour, complimented by a nice wooden furnish for the outer rims. I'm sure this place would do, it's out of the rain for a start. Looking across the corners, I see a few people, but it isn't that busy. Once I close the door, I walk over to where Louise is standing. She's also been inspecting the place, it looks warm and friendly. "Can I help you?" asks a man at a counter. He looks a little older than the guy at the coffee stall, but similar in character. "Well, my girlfriend and I were just looking for a table to sit at, we were just walking from the Gardens, but the rain caught us.." I say, still soaking from the rain. "You sit at fireplace, there you get warm!" The man remarks, in which Louise and I just look at each other, smiling again.

He then points straight ahead of us, Lou and I both look over to where he's indicating. Tucked away stands a neat little fireplace, away from the wooden beams and it seems like nobody is sitting there. We shrugged simultaneously, then laughed again at the gesture, since we both weren't expecting to have the same reaction at all. I lightly shove her in front of me, urging her to go faster and faster until we reached the fireplace. There lay a round table with the same design, and conveniently two chairs to match. Being the absolute gentleman I am, I take her chair out from under the table, letting her take a seat. "So first the door and now this, I didn't know you were so 'caring'" she says, displaying little bunny ears with her fingers that I naturally snigger at. I do the same with my own chair before plonking down into it, my hair still dripping wet from the downpour a couple of minutes earlier. "You know, Joe, I wanted to get home, but since we're going to have to wait the rain out, I suppose we could talk in here a little longer? Order a bit of food.. you know.. we don't really get the chance to do this, so we should make the most of it," Louise expressed with a smile. I then take her hand across the table, rubbing my thumb across hers, looking Lou right in the eyes. "I couldn't think of anything I'd rather do, to be honest, no matter where we are, what we're doing or whatever, being with you is all I've ever wanted." I say, smiling at her again.