The Meeting

After Dark

When I got off work, I clocked out, walked out of the office and to the elevator, pushed button marked down, I was the only one this evening standing in the corridor waiting, which was rare, when the doors opened I grabbed my phone from my purse and checked my email excited to see my travel plans again I can't believe my luck or should I call it a blessing, I've been writing for a while, but never took it serious enough to have it published, the thought has gnawed at me for several years, and finally without hesitation I decided to write a novel about a younger man falling in love with an older woman, they meet under circumstances that seem impossible, and fall madly in love and I mean madly, determined to fight for their love against all odds, I failed to mention that the book is not non-fiction it is in fact half true as I am a woman who loves grown men but like them younger than me, that's who I'm attracted to a young, strong, talented man, handsome, sexy and smells good, and chivalry is a part of how he treats his woman. A real man who is empowered with the desire to bring out the best in me, someone who will stand by my side and fight for my love, because I am truly a one of a kind woman who needs a faithful man, someone as faithful and as thoughtful as I am, one who has the same sex drive as me and does not mind making love in every way possible, a man who will is willing to try new things and is not afraid to share his fantasies with me, no matter what they are, a man who works hard and comes home to me so I can satisfy all his needs and he will satisfy all of my needs, we can make love in the rain, on the beach in the moonlight, in a Hotel room overlooking the city lights and someone who will let me be his every temptation, his weakness, yes I "said weakness only a real grown woman knows what that means.

When the elevator doors opened I bumped into a co-worker, Danny, tall, handsome and younger man with style, who had the office girl's going crazy, I think he was special and I adored the fact that when he had a conversation he always mentioned his wife and 2 daughters, a man proud to have a family, in fact, he was the only civilized person in the office, no water cooler meltdown( talk at the water cooler) and he always walked away from office gossip as I do. I walked to my car placing my phone back in my cell phone holder in my purse, unlocked the door when I heard someone call my name "Anita, Yes,  it  was Sandy the office secretary, I smiled and " said yes again, Melissa wants to know if you can work an extra hour tomorrow, She has an important meeting tomorrow and would like you to pull cast members, I left the details and a script on your desk...  we may be getting a contract with a production company, that has several films and music videos that require our services on a permanent basis, I know you asked for time off so we bumped the meeting up so you would be here to bring your expertise to the meeting. I looked at Sandy and, "said sure I can work an extra hour or two maybe I'll come in early tomorrow just to get the briefing, Sandy thanked me, I swear that girl had the biggest breast I've ever seen, not that I like girls because I don't.

I watched her as she walked away, as much as the others at the job bothered me with nonsense, I guess we were all there for a reason, my problem is that in the workplace, duties should be taken seriously. I put the car in reverse and drove off. I usually parked on the street on the side of the office, but when the lot wasn't full, I parked there. Traffic was always a nightmare, I rolled my window up turned my cd on and listened to Chris Brown, soothing me as I drove through the crowded streets of Beverly Hills, Just up ahead there was a checkpoint, I thought to myself not now! When all I want to do is get home and hit the shower, have a light snack, relax then cook dinner, I took my phone from my purse it was ringing, I hooked it to the speaker, almost dropping it to the floor, but, I caught it in time, answered the line, may I speak with Anita, I "said speaking.